Do you feel less like man with hairloss

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I get what you're saying and i'm not completely deluded into thinking baldness is some amazingly lucky thing. Personally I would much rather not have the genetics for hair loss, simply because I've had to go through all the typical anxieties of 'what would i look like when it's gone' etc at a difficult point in life. i wouldn't ever have found my way here if I was just fine with baldness. When i say I disagree, i just mean that i think it's not anywhere near as 'bad' a thing as probably most guys here. When I see a bald guy, i very rarely (if ever) think it looks terrible and I never think it looks less masculine. The guys i think look less masculine do tend to be the ones with the juvenile/perfect hairlines. The only times see a balding guy and think it looks bad is when it is patchy/he hasn't changed his haircut to account for it. My personal issue with baldness and how it impacts on my appearance is that I don't want to have the bald spot at the back, with long hair everywhere else, or the strip in the middle of my forehead. It is why i shave my head. Despite the fact that people do make stupid assumptions about your personality when you shave your head, I feel a lot better with it neat, tidy and in my control. Believe it or not I often look at the NW6 guys with envy because I think it looks tidier.

With regards to those celebrities you mentioned, i think it's hard to genuinely imagine anyone who had hair without it for the first time. Those bald photo apps tend to do a rubbish job and I think in our minds it will probably always look worse when we first see a change in someone, but then when we get used to how they look without hair then it's not long before we warm to it. I would't mind betting Gerard Butler would look pretty good bald as he is quite a macho guy. Brosnan maybe not so much but I don't know.

I actually read the first sentence of your post before this wrong, I thought you were writing that it doesn't look worse, when you were actually writing not worse to the extent that we say on here

Well I'm not sure to what extent it's worse, but certainly for +95% of guys it's worse, and for some guys with weak genetics and pale skin, it really does drag them down significantly.

So I think we can all say it's definitely worse, but how much worse? When it comes to idea of this forum having extreme views on baldness, well overall I wouldn't think so, there are some ridiculous posters but I think most people are balanced enough. I do still believe baldness negatively impacts every part of a persons life in some way, even if very small. For example I don't think anyone will lose friends over baldness (unless they let it take over) but at some point even a good friend will make some fleeting joke about baldness, even my most sensitive and aware friends have said at least one thing, even if indirectly about another bald person, would that end my friendship? Not at all, but does it cause a tiny amount of friction in that moment? Yes, so it's minor, but still a negative impact.

Now, the extreme viewpoint will tell you that friends will actively leave you because you're losing your hair, which is just mental. But I'd say most people don't think like that to be fair.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I thought hairloss made me feel less like a man. That's nothing compared to finasteride sides. Those will lliteraly make you feel less like a man

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I thought hairloss made me feel less like a man. That's nothing compared to finasteride sides. Those will lliteraly make you feel less like a man
Unfortunately I have to agree.
I was not lucky with the side effects.
I was unable to "hem" function properly for months before giving up and regaining my full virility...

But I am convinced other people had completely different experiences; otherwise the drug would not exist. At least I hope.

Samson123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is not a single person on this planet that, if given the choice, would choose having no hair. I don't understand why people try to look for an evolutionary function for hairloss, there isn't one. It's just people grasping for things to make themselves feel better. It's just a random mutation that kept getting passed on. We all know how terrible jealousy can make you feel, and I'm guessing that back in the day jealousy actually did have an evolutionary purpose, to arouse enough anger in someone to kill off a competitor (obviously a caveman with luscious locks that all the cavewomen liked to preen) and take his mate. So, I think basically there was a prehistoric bald man that snapped one day and went on a killing and raping rampage, maybe over more than one continent.

lickawrist

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes I do, dude. Everywhere I go, I can't help but look at hairlines. I wish life wasn't all about hair.

F2005

Established Member
Reaction score
I honestly cannot fathom who would choose having no hair over a full head of hair.

Reaction score
There is not a single person on this planet that, if given the choice, would choose having no hair. I don't understand why people try to look for an evolutionary function for hairloss, there isn't one. It's just people grasping for things to make themselves feel better. It's just a random mutation that kept getting passed on. We all know how terrible jealousy can make you feel, and I'm guessing that back in the day jealousy actually did have an evolutionary purpose, to arouse enough anger in someone to kill off a competitor (obviously a caveman with luscious locks that all the cavewomen liked to preen) and take his mate. So, I think basically there was a prehistoric bald man that snapped one day and went on a killing and raping rampage, maybe over more than one continent.
There are in fact people who shave for the slaphead look with full heads of hair, rare but true. There are over 7 billion people on this planet. Don't presume to talk for everyone else on the planet. Why do humans grow long heads of hair anyway? We have access to all sorts of grooming technology nowadays, but before then all men would have smelly dreds that tangled and got in the way of running and hunting.

nyjrb

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairloss hasn't really made me feel less like a man. That's not to say that I'm welcoming it with open arms, but considering that most of the men in my family tree are cue balls, bald men are kinda the norm for me. That being said, I was really hoping that the gene wouldn't have been passed on to me. Now, I'm just hoping that I can stop it in it's tracks before it gets any worse. Without a doubt, I'm not one of those people who could pull of the balding/bald look, so with each hair I lose, I'm also losing a point on my looks, unfortunately. :(

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
Whenever I speak of any beautiful girl I know to my close relative girl, she scolds me to stay in limits all the time,
She says don't expect too much,
Do not start liking more beautiful girl.

She is of belief that she have to look someone who is simple girl...understanding and all..

But what is this Simple girl mean...

Are bald should never hope for a 9s girl....

If I had hairs ..I would have been one of the most eligibe bachelor to get married. But now ...

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
Be thankful that you have someone looking out for you. Good to have someone watching your back.

blackg

Reaction score
I'm working on emotionally detaching myself and my self worth from how much I feel attractive seeing how physical beauty is really temporary.
Good luck with that.

- - - Updated - - -

But fortunately, more women like shaved look than long hair on a man, from what I've been told.
Ummm... You don't seriously believe this, do you?