Do we have to clean the base every time we remove and reattach?

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
I've worn my system twice each time for 2 days. The bond failed after 2 days and it came loose or fell off. Both times, the clean up has been horrible (to clean up Ghost Bond from the poly base). It seems like clean up can't get much worse, even if I were to not clean it for 7-14 days. Also, when I cleaned it, I of course lost some hairs. So is it ok to attach if there's some adhesive residue on the system and just clean it say every two weeks? The way I see it, the worst thing that can happen with the dried adhesive on the base is that it can drop down to your head. And that's a good thing because cleaning adhesive off the head is much much easier than cleaning it off the base.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've had this problem a lot too OP, since having to switch to White Glue (Ghostbond).

Cleanup is SUCH a chore w/ glue, regardless of base.

I have tried to reinstall poly w dried adhesive still on, not seeing a reason as to why it wouldn't work.

It didn't hold. Maybe I did something wrong that time.

They need better solvents on the market.

Wearing a hairpiece would be a breeze if it weren't for the problems caused by adhesives - and there are so many.

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, otherwise the bond won't hold.
Are you saying glue on poly won't allow for a bond which'll hold?

I found that to be the case the one time I tried it and was confused as to why.

I just don't see why it wouldn't hold. I've always assumed I just didn't glue right that time...