do the really depressed guys on here have cars? or debts?

CCS

Reaction score
I got a lot less depressed when I got a dependable car with AC. I also got a lot less depressed when I realized I could make a lot more than minimum wage. I just wonder if a lot of the depressed guys on here are carless college students far from a degree. Maybe they blame all their depression on their hairloss, when they actually could remove half or 2/3 of that depression with a little money.

The way I see it, I'm not being used by any women right now. It is far better to be 100% single and not even talking to any women than to be chasing and being used by one of them. I've learned how they deliborately flirt with you and get your hopes up so they can control you. Now I see everyone flirting all the time just to get better deals. I was unaware of this before, but I see it clear as day now. It is the old saying: "Don't insult the allegator until after you cross the lake." Do not take it as interest. Some women will even kiss you once if they think it will keep you on the hook for a month.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hmmm...I used to be depressed and had a car, but then a brought a car with a/c...I've been happy ever since.

casperz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
and being used by one of them. I've learned how they deliberately flirt with you and get your hopes up so they can control you. Now I see everyone flirting all the time just to get better deals.

Yep... most women do that, some are more transparent than others. I think it is in our sub-conscious makeup
to respond to a pretty female when they are flirting... we just can't help it. The best ones at it can do it and you
don't ever realize it or care... LOL... my wife is an expert at it... she wraps other men around her little finger and they
usually don't have a clue... we were at a tire store not too long ago and I was standing there arguing about some
extra fee's they had tacked on that I did not ask for and did not want to pay for. It was about $50 bucks worth.

We had been going back and forth and the manager was not budging and my wife walks up and starts smiling at
him and asking questions, she touched his arm and was standing very close. She finally says "Can't you do this for ME,
just this once, I promise I will know the next time I come it". Damn... if he did not cave right there and take the fees off.
And then he walked her out to her car to make sure everything was OK and she stood there and talked to him like
he was her best friend. When we got home I said "you should be ashamed", that guy thinks your hot for him, she
just laughed and said not in a million years. And I won't tell you what happened next but will say that I know
some women are turned on by that power they hold over men.

Of course I know she does the same thing to me, but since it ends up as more than flirting I don't mind too much. :) And
really when other women flirt with me to get things I don't mind that either. I've never knocked $50 off a bill but I
have bought things that would not have bought from a man. And when I was younger, did things for them I might not
have done. But the golden thing to keep in mind is that you never know when that hot girl is going to want more than
flirting, and then more than dating, it makes all the games worthwhile.

As far as being depressed, not having money has never been a factor in being depressed for me. I've been through
the range, didn't have any, had it, lost it, had it again, ever affected me like hairloss. I think because hairloss is
personal... it means somehow I've failed or my genes failed and I don't like to lose, but it's a battle that is very hard
to win and that's depressing.

cleverusername

Established Member
Reaction score
The opposite works as well. I treated my ex girlfriend like sh*t and never did anything she said. She still fell in love with me and even after breaking up with her. She actually flew overseas to England to see me on a whim trying to get back with me while I was studying there. I feel bad about it now but I had no feelings for her and at the time couldn't give a damn.

The girl before her however definitely had control of me and after breaking up I was depressed for a good 2 years and to this day view women as vindictive b****s because of her. I'm working on changing that though.

I like money more than pussy though. Probably why I'm single, being a typical career driven a**h** NYer losing his hair doesn't catch many women.

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
casperz said:
and being used by one of them. I've learned how they deliberately flirt with you and get your hopes up so they can control you. Now I see everyone flirting all the time just to get better deals.

Yep... most women do that, some are more transparent than others. I think it is in our sub-conscious makeup
to respond to a pretty female when they are flirting... we just can't help it. The best ones at it can do it and you
don't ever realize it or care... LOL... my wife is an expert at it... she wraps other men around her little finger and they
usually don't have a clue... we were at a tire store not too long ago and I was standing there arguing about some
extra fee's they had tacked on that I did not ask for and did not want to pay for. It was about $50 bucks worth.

We had been going back and forth and the manager was not budging and my wife walks up and starts smiling at
him and asking questions, she touched his arm and was standing very close. She finally says "Can't you do this for ME,
just this once, I promise I will know the next time I come it". Damn... if he did not cave right there and take the fees off.
And then he walked her out to her car to make sure everything was OK and she stood there and talked to him like
he was her best friend. When we got home I said "you should be ashamed", that guy thinks your hot for him, she
just laughed and said not in a million years. And I won't tell you what happened next but will say that I know
some women are turned on by that power they hold over men.

Of course I know she does the same thing to me, but since it ends up as more than flirting I don't mind too much.

Off topic here but I would be VERY careful of a woman who acts like that regardless of how well you think you know her.

I have been in the bar business for a long time and know a lot of women who fit that exact description. One in particular comes to mind in her early 40's, stops in with her husband a couple times a week and flirts with the bartender and others. Husband leaves the bartender a big tip everytime and he is banging the guys wife 2 -3 times a week while the husband is at work. It's a true story and it happens more often then you think. The funny part is I doubt the husband would believe it if somebody told him.

I guess my point is I would rather pay the $50 than have my wife flirt with and touch a salesperson

mj9

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
i think i know why i get depressed sometimes! my car's A/C is not working!

I am very confident that if i had lots of money, I would probably never be depressed again.

Money CAN buy happiness.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
CCS, you're wasting your time dwelling on the pros and cons of having a car, looks, etc.. Yes, money goes a long way in making you feel more secure, but it sounds to me that you're still perplexed with women wanting to "use" you.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Should'nt that be get money - f*ck b****s.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
get a car ,be happy :smack: