Do I have to take oral minoxidil forever? Will I shed my hair if I stop it?

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you will lose any gains you made with oral minoxidil if you stop it.

Lookaway

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, you will lose any gains you made with oral minoxidil if you stop it.
Then how come many people with topical stopped application for years and they still remained their gains? I thought the same would apply for oral, no?

Bazza86

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would never take that sh*t just to grow some hair ! The side effects like aging your face, making you look like a puffer fish, heart palpitations, dark circles / swelling, and the list goes on and that's only min we're talking about, things can get worse once you add Finasteride to the stack. I'm currently growing out my hair and if it looks fucked up when it's grown then I will either buzz it or take a razor to it and grow a beard , none of this crying sh*t like most the pussy's on here .

Catagen

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would never take that sh*t just to grow some hair ! The side effects like aging your face, making you look like a puffer fish, heart palpitations, dark circles / swelling, and the list goes on and that's only min we're talking about, things can get worse once you add Finasteride to the stack. I'm currently growing out my hair and if it looks fucked up when it's grown then I will either buzz it or take a razor to it and grow a beard , none of this crying sh*t like most the pussy's on here .
None of that is guaranteed though.

Bazza86

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
None of that is guaranteed though.
Correct but people have had side effects from it which they can't get rid of even after stopping min or finasteride , is that something you are willing to risk for a few strands of hair ?? Me personally it's not worth it .

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Correct but people have had side effects from it which they can't get rid of even after stopping min or finasteride , is that something you are willing to risk for a few strands of hair ?? Me personally it's not worth it .

There is a possibility of sides with every drug, calculate whether the benefits to taking it outweigh any risks and make a personal decision based on that. Im glad you accept being bald though, it is a choice every hair loss sufferer has to make.

Bazza86

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There is a possibility of sides with every drug, calculate whether the benefits to taking it outweigh any risks and make a personal decision based on that. Im glad you accept being bald though, it is a choice every hair loss sufferer has to make.
I agree but there are just way too many people who report similar problems with taking finasteride and Min . Can't get boners, c*m loads that can barely shoot out a teardrop, bloating and aging of the face, the list goes on . I'm not willing to risk the possibility of them kind of sides especially when some people can't get rid of them even long after quitting .