Do I have a chance

skycruiser

Reaction score
I was born normal.But around the age of 3 i went to a barber for a haircut.And within 1-2 days my hair started falling.I had hairloss in patches(within 4 months).there was no medical care taken till this time.And soon my eyebrows and eyelaashes also started falling.Then my father started some medication.Which atleast slowed down the hairfall on my head.Now about 23 years have passed.There are no eyebrows and eyelashes and no armpit hair or pubics,and certainly no hair on my head.Is there any chance for my hair to come back?

Hecfield

Reaction score
Sounds like alopecia totalis to me. Check the information on the main page and the sub-forum at the bottom of this page. I doubt that many posters in this section will be able to help you too much.

jgibson5041

Reaction score
Your story is the same as mine. My hair didn't start to fall out until about age 7. Over the past couple of months, some of it has started to grow back. I am regrowing eye lashes, eyebrows, and some facial hair. Don't lose hope. Anything is possible. In my own case, I am going to enjoy my new hair while it lasts. I have heard that regrowth may or may not be permanent.

Derk271

Reaction score
Im sure I officially have UA! I am 37 and two years ago my left eyebrow started falling out, then eyelashes on that side. I took the cortizone shots, which didn't help. Then I noticed it in my beard and head. Within two years all body hair fell out.
My family doctor told me that the epilepsy drug I switched to two years ago (Keppra XR) had side effects of AA. So two months ago I changed back to the medication I had been on since 1993, which is Dilantin.
I am maily concered about what will happen next. If losing all hair is the extent of this disorder, I guess I can live with that. although now it seems like I have got problems with my nails and this I am told is related to AU.
Just wondering Whats Next??