Do bald people deserve their own homeland?

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
aussieavodart said:
uncomfortable man said:
I think that being judgmental is vain and prideful.

Yeah, but somebody has to do it.
But why? What purpose does it serve for someone to point and laugh at a bald guy and make him feel like a freak? It is just cruelty. I don't know why you started this thread. I can't tell if you are upset or just being silly in a hypothetical way. Nobody has to do it. It is a conscious choice.

barcafan

Reaction score
Because we're insecure about our own short comings and need to take it out on someone. Just like bullies.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Well obviously no one "has" To be judgmental. That's obvious UM. But we are a long ways away from complete understanding.

Most people are not cruel or evil. They are just ignorant. If those people who make fun of bald people, or whatever your cosmetic imperfection is. If they could experience it themselves... well they would have a different position on it.

But we are all insecure, even those who don't realize it. So of course people like that will make fun of a bald guy, baldness is an obvious flaw, easy to point out, easy to make fun of.

I would never do that, Now. But if I wasn't going through a balding experience of my own.. Well I can't Say I wouldn't be one of those people. I probably wouldn't reach the level of understanding I have about it now until I was like 40 or 50.

ThisBlows

Reaction score
We should unite and create another planet. From then on we could call it a witty name, yet witha suttle hint of distaste. We could contact earth for trade purposes and we could all participate in group hug sessions and other fun stuff!

But seriously. No. :agree:

ali777

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
aussieavodart said:
[quote="uncomfortable man":2cangja4]I think that being judgmental is vain and prideful.

Yeah, but somebody has to do it.
But why? What purpose does it serve for someone to point and laugh at a bald guy and make him feel like a freak? It is just cruelty. I don't know why you started this thread. I can't tell if you are upset or just being silly in a hypothetical way. Nobody has to do it. It is a conscious choice.[/quote:2cangja4]

I think he meant that someone needs to point out to overweight people that then need to take control of their lives.... I kinda agree with aussie there...

That's not being judgmental. Sometimes I can be a bit pushy but that's probably I like being pushed and I don't function well unless I am pushed. I also admit that there is a fine line between being pushy and a bully, and that line shouldn't be crossed.

You can say someone is being judgmental when they point out a bald guy has no hair, or a woman has small breasts. That's in no shape or form the same as pointing out that an overweight person needs to wake up.

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
I think he meant that someone needs to point out to overweight people that then need to take control of their lives.... I kinda agree with aussie there...

That's not being judgmental. Sometimes I can be a bit pushy but that's probably I like being pushed and I don't function well unless I am pushed. I also admit that there is a fine line between being pushy and a bully, and that line shouldn't be crossed.

You can say someone is being judgmental when they point out a bald guy has no hair, or a woman has small breasts. That's in no shape or form the same as pointing out that an overweight person needs to wake up.

See I don't fully agree with that.

Being overweight, isn't necessarily a "flaw". If your happy that's more important then fitting what's perceived as being the ideal figure.

I think there are some seriously obese people, who need help. But I don't think you should walk around acting as if it's your right to tell someone whether or not they should lose weight. Or whether or not there is even something wrong with them being overweight.

The only reason our society is so outspoken about obesity. Is because it's unattractive, not because it's unhealthy.

ali777

Reaction score
Eureka said:
See I don't fully agree with that.

Being overweight, isn't necessarily a "flaw". If your happy that's more important then fitting what's perceived as being the ideal figure.

I think there are some seriously obese people, who need help. But I don't think you should walk around acting as if it's your right to tell someone whether or not they should lose weight. Or whether or not there is even something wrong with them being overweight.

The only reason our society is so outspoken about obesity. Is because it's unattractive, not because it's unhealthy.

Do you really believe that being fat is not detrimental to health :dunno: ?

Almost everyday there is a new study published that shows how an X ingredient can be harmful to our health, the spin machine tries to brainwash people into losing a bit of weight. Most governments try to impose their nanny state ideas on us :crazy: .... We are bombarded by message that fat is bad :freaked: .

The British government even considered telling fat people that they are a burden to the resources. That's not me telling it, but the government. You can imagine, it was covered up very quickly as it's not PC to talk about it in this way.

So, it's acceptable for The System to tell us to get fit :nono: (as in healthy), but when we say it we are being judgmental?

For me it's never been about "The Ideal Figure", it's about health.

Petchsky said:
but comparing baldness to being obese is a pointless waste of time that achieves nothing.

:agree:

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Eureka said:
That is the real reason behind all these shows like biggest looser, diet tribe, celebrity fit club- health is just an excuse to degrade fat people on national tv.

s.a.f

Reaction score
ali777 said:
Eureka said:

Do you really believe that being fat is not detrimental to health :dunno: ?

Almost everyday there is a new study published that shows .....:

You missed his point here, he was'nt saying that its not unhealthy, he was saying that its only focused on by the general populus because its so visibly unnatractive.

Its like the size zero models and female celebrities or hardcore bodybuilders juiced up and ripped to 4% bodyfat both of these conditions are extremley bad for your health but nobody views someone in these situations in the same negative way as they would an obese person. They are infact more likely to be celebrated.[attachment=1:3m8ar03q]keira_narrowweb__300x587,0.jpg[/attachment:3m8ar03q][attachment=0:3m8ar03q]05ironman1big.jpg[/attachment:3m8ar03q]

Attachments

• keira_narrowweb__300x587,0.jpg
    keira_narrowweb__300x587,0.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 182
  • 05ironman1big.jpg
    05ironman1big.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 162

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Or the idea of a healthy tan? People hide their vanity behind the veil of "health" to legitimize looking good. On the opposite spectrum from obesity are young girls who become annorexic/bolemic to obtain that same ideal of beauty. Nonsense :thumbdown2: .

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Thats kira nightly, and yes she is the bone trophy. :agree:

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
Generally I'm not attracted to skeletors. But damn, Kiera knightly is just plain beautiful.

She's the exception to the rule though.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
We should unite and create another planet. From then on we could call it a witty name, yet witha suttle hint of distaste. We could contact earth for trade purposes and we could all participate in group hug sessions and other fun stuff!
[youtube:23tdj2pf]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjmCc-0seZo[/youtube:23tdj2pf]

CCS

Reaction score
In the 1980's not many people were fat. When I was a kid, old people were ALL thin. Often frail. Now it seems all the old people I see are fat. Obesity is very recent... too recent to be genetic. It must be a lifestyle change. People are eating different, or having different activity levels. Computers is probably part of it. Higher credit limits for buying food at restaurants is probably another part. Still, they have a choice, and can't say their genetics are different from their parent's.

Regardless, arguing about who's fault something is is pointless, since it will not get you sex. If your pimples are not your fault, or if you big ugly nose is not your fault, or your rosacea, it does not matter: people will date you because you look good, and at their level, not because they respect you or feel sorry for you. So instead of begging them for sympathy, just do what is in your power and decide what you want to do with your hand from there. Some people are very insulting when they say balding is your fault. Just don't be friends with them, or spit in their coffee. Don't argue with them though, since they just love seeing you get upset.

CCS

Reaction score
Fact is, some women will prefer a tall guy with some fat because they see him as a fixer upper. Other women will prefer a bald muscular guy because they like muscles and think they can control him since he is bald. All you got to do is do what is in your power, then go for someone in your league. It is like buying and selling used cars: if you know the market price, you can be firm and call people's bluffs. If you don't know what you are worth, you will not know if you should lower your price, or if you are being ripped off. That is why guys who hide their heads in the sand instead of trying to calculate their league will be at a knowledge disadvantage in the negociation game, and end up marrying a porker, or getting ripped off bad by someone their own level.

Nuli

Established Member
Reaction score
CCS said:
Fact is, some women will prefer a tall guy with some fat because they see him as a fixer upper. Other women will prefer a bald muscular guy because they like muscles and think they can control him since he is bald. All you got to do is do what is in your power, then go for someone in your league. It is like buying and selling used cars: if you know the market price, you can be firm and call people's bluffs. If you don't know what you are worth, you will not know if you should lower your price, or if you are being ripped off. That is why guys who hide their heads in the sand instead of trying to calculate their league will be at a knowledge disadvantage in the negociation game, and end up marrying a porker, or getting ripped off bad by someone their own level.

wow i hope this a troll.