Dkk1 Inhibitor: Gallocyanine - Not Expensive And Won't Make You Too Blue If It Fails

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This approach definitely sounds the most hopeful, not in success but in the fact that few studies have dais that as soon as dkk1 is sufficiently removed from the equation (no longer biding to LRP5 -6) then the hair follicle technically has all in needs to re-enter growth along with a newly opened signaling for WNT/B catenin to make its way and issue forth growth commands.

I know there was earlier talk of Magnesium Theronate as a dkk1 antagonist that was to no avail but I found this one as well: https://www.caymanchem.com/product/20657
its a blue dye used to stain nuclui for testing but they found it to be a suitable inhibitor of dkk1 and have even done some tests on Alzheimer's patients and dkk1's effects there. Problem was these were in 2012-2014 and there hasn't been much activity since on these guys.

P.S. R-spondin1 was also found to help free up LRP6 receptors from known antagonists and was worth looking into except for the fact theres no easy way to test it (Sodium Chlorate showed to up regulate cells free R-spondin1 but thats used in plant pesticides and Heparin did the same and its basically a blood thinner but not easy to access and these were both done in human cells in culture.....so still forked)

InBeforeTheCure

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
P.S. R-spondin1 was also found to help free up LRP6 receptors from known antagonists and was worth looking into except for the fact theres no easy way to test it (Sodium Chlorate showed to up regulate cells free R-spondin1 but thats used in plant pesticides and Heparin did the same and its basically a blood thinner but not easy to access and these were both done in human cells in culture.....so still forked)

The closest thing I've seen is that alprostadil (PGE1) upregulates R-spondin3 and R-spondin4 by 1.65x and 1.40x respectively in SKPs (precursors to dermal papilla cells), according to Supplementary Table S3 of this study. That's quite weak compared to the extent of R-spondin upregulation in DPCs preceding anagen though, so if you find any agonists of the R-spondin receptor (LGR4/5/6), inhibitors of ZNRF3/RNF43, or ways to potently increase endogenous R-spondin expression in DPCs, I'd love to know.

Last edited:

baldingAF

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunately not friend. And even then it seems like Rspondin1 has the most effect in this path way. Oddly enough looking into heparin a side effect is hair loss so perhaps that upregulation is just in vitro. We're fucked and I'm basically out of time