Diffuse Unpatterned Alopecia (DUPA), still nothing ?

GoodHair8

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did anyone find something that works ?
2 years finasteride, 10 months oral minoxidil (5mg), 8 months 0.5 mg dutasteride then switched to 1.5mg dutasteride 10 weeks ago, nothing is working .

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did anyone find something that works ?
2 years finasteride, 10 months oral minoxidil (5mg), 8 months 0.5 mg dutasteride then switched to 1.5mg dutasteride 10 weeks ago, nothing is working .
Same here. Tried all the above, So im just experimenting with ru and oral min.

GoodHair8

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here. Tried all the above, So im just experimenting with ru and oral min.
I might try ru too. But I really feels like dht is not the culprit cause
1) it ressemble some FPHL. And there are some woman with total androgen insensitivity syndrome that still have FPHL (meaning the cause is not an androgen).
2) classic Androgenetic Alopecia treatment are not working for ppl with dupa
3) mine started after having covid 3y ago. Idk what covid did to might body but it did something..

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I might try ru too. But I really feels like dht is not the culprit cause
1) it ressemble some FPHL. And there are some woman with total androgen insensitivity syndrome that still have FPHL (meaning the cause is not an androgen).
2) classic Androgenetic Alopecia treatment are not working for ppl with dupa
3) mine started after having covid 3y ago. Idk what covid did to might body but it did something..
Ye. But it could also be T that we are still sensitive to. Ru blocks T. But ye its multiple reasons to why we dont respond. On dutasteride my hair thinned out alot faster and I felt stronger on it most likely due to the increased T. When off it hair thinned at a snail pace.

GoodHair8

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ye. But it could also be T that we are still sensitive to. Ru blocks T. But ye its multiple reasons to why we dont respond. On dutasteride my hair thinned out alot faster and I felt stronger on it most likely due to the increased T. When off it hair thinned at a snail pace.
Could be, yes. But we are not even sure that T can cause hair loss, this is just a theory