Diffuse thinning

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
what's the deal with it? Is it treatable? will finasteride help? I still have the same hair line from 6 years ago but i lose a lot of hair...still looks okay though.

Master Chief

Established Member
Reaction score
ofcourse it's treatable damnet, correct me if I'm wrong but your chances are the biggest when you're only diffusing

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
ofcourse it's treatable damnet, correct me if I'm wrong but your chances are the biggest when you're only diffusing

I wouldn't say "only diffusing". I'm a diffuse thinner and it REALLY sucks. I still have hair covering most of my scalp but there's so much space in between hairs that it looks like ***. There's just no way to style your hair if your thinning on your entire scalp other than shaving like I do. Even if my hair was an inch long, I would still look bald under the sun or a light. Diffuse thinning is evil. :evil:

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finasteride works fine for us diffusers. Min works too but can be a b**ch to apply. Get on finasteride man. Good luck.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
h george,
do you use finasteride? if so, for how long and how long were you diffusing before you started? I get really bad seborrhea dermatitis and it causes alot of hair loss.

George Costanza

Established Member
Reaction score
No, I don't use finasteride, I've been using 5% spironolactone for 7 months. You can view everyone's regimin to the left under their avatar. My regimen doesn't seem to be working thus far. :(

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if diffuse thinners have a better chance with finasteride than other types of male pattern baldness??? i think it's working for me but i keep loosing hair because of bad seborrhea. Getting that under control is a battle in it's own. you really have to scrub your scalp, but you know when you do you lose a sh*t load of hair so you back off...which causes more seborrhea...and on and on.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cant really say, man. I dont think there are any studies regarding difffuse vs receeding.

But if we catch it in time, and hold it off, it tends to be less obvious as our hairline is more intact.

finasteride *does* work for us diffusers. The odds of it working are probably more dependant on other factors (ones tendency towards male pattern baldness) then the actual balding pattern.