Diffuse thinning thickening results with dutasteride but not finasteride?

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have diffuse thinning and have been on Propecia, Xandrox 15,ect for a year and even though i see a lot of semi-terminal hairs at the hairline,ect, my diffuse has not been thickened really and hair looks like sh*t still. So im just wondering if anybody here had success thickening their diffuse thinning with dutasteride after finasteride didnt work? Im thinking about switching to dutasteride but id like to know this first to save me from the big leap. Thanks yall!

smalley

Reaction score
Im Diffused on top and as on proscar for 2 years no results.
Ive just past 3 months stage and visually a very small difference, girl friend thinks so to. I have looked close up and can see a small number of new hairs growing which started out fine and thicken up toward the scalp indicating new regrowth i guess.
I recently had 500 fue done at Dr Rogers clinic and in the consultation he surggested i try dutasteride as a none responder to finasteride before going a head with surgery.
In the first month sex drive took a dive but now is back to the normal level.

Goingat20

Reaction score
smalley
do you use geniune dutasteride or generic?

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Bump Please. I really hope that there are a lot of users that dutasteride thickened your diffuse thinning when finasteride didnt. Thanks!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I've been on genuine dutasteride for about 40+ days. I can honestly say that my hairshafts are becoming thicker than they were. But I'm not sure if I can attribute that to dutasteride or something else in my regimen.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1, thats great and thanks for sharing! I though you were on dutasteride for over 3 moths though? So did you have diffuse thinning on top before? I dont think Propecia has done anything as far as thickening my diffuse thinning along with using Proxiphen and Xandrox 15 and ive been on them for a little bit over 1 year. I do see some moderate regrowth ( semi-vellus hairs) though at the hairline and i just need some nice thickening.

Anybody else?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
stax said:
Aplunk1, thats great and thanks for sharing! I though you were on dutasteride for over 3 moths though? So did you have diffuse thinning on top before? I dont think Propecia has done anything as far as thickening my diffuse thinning along with using Proxiphen and Xandrox 15 and ive been on them for a little bit over 1 year. I do see some moderate regrowth ( semi-vellus hairs) though at the hairline and i just need some nice thickening.

Anybody else?

You're welcome. Damn, I keep writing 40 days even though I mean to write more-- (I get it confused- 3 months- a little over, so about 40 days... I have stupid logic. Excuse me :) ) I've been on it about 100-110 days.

I have pretty dramatic diffuse thinning, and it seems that dutasteride has halted existing hair loss and is thickening up things on top. I still have a ways to go.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thats great to hear Aplunk 1, and good luck on your continued success with your regimen. Did dutasteride make you feel any different physically, emotionally, and did you get dry skin? Anybody else want to chime in? Thanks!

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
i have been on avodart for the last 3 months no regrowth yet that i can see

the first few day after taking avodart i got a hartburn and felt a bit light headed
but that went away by day 4

Aplunk1

Reaction score
stax said:
Thats great to hear Aplunk 1, and good luck on your continued success with your regimen. Did dutasteride make you feel any different physically, emotionally, and did you get dry skin? Anybody else want to chime in? Thanks!

Hi, my friend,
sorry for the late response. I just read your post.

Did dutasteride make me feel any differently?
Nothing. Nothing has changed. Of course, I have always been kind of emotional (probably from old relationships, etc)

As far as skin goes, it has cleared up my acne. My skin is a lot more radiant (I might attribute this to 5grams of MSM daily) and the skin on my face (this is emabarassing to say) looks a little more feminine. It's actually a more metrosexual, natural look, but it's definitely different.

In all, not much has changed except clearer, more radiant skin (which of course might be attributed to MSM). My hair is definitely regrowing. Anybody can see obvious signs of regrowth, so something in my regimen is working...

I like to think that the combination of dutasteride and spironolactone are starting to give me results (knock on wood, of course)... and the minoxidil definitely works... etc.

Sorry for that tangent,

I hope my experience with dutasteride helps you some.

Best of luck,

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Thanks Aplunk1 for the response. Glad to hear you are moving in a positive direction. I will be starting MSM aswell to help things out. Good luck on your continued success bro!

Aplunk1

Reaction score
stax said:
Thanks Aplunk1 for the response. Glad to hear you are moving in a positive direction. I will be starting MSM aswell to help things out. Good luck on your continued success bro!

Thanks.

Remember, CONSISTENCY! PHOTOS! and lots of dirty, dirty sex with young women.

stax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LOL, hell yeah i definetly wont forget to take photo's of me having dirty jungle sex with lots of young woman whilst popping a genuine dutasteride pill :wink:

Aplunk1

Reaction score
stax said:
LOL, hell yeah i definetly wont forget to take photo's of me having dirty jungle sex with lots of young woman whilst popping a genuine dutasteride pill :wink:

YEHHHSSS!

lurkadurk

Reaction score
Aplunk1 are you against generic dutasteride? if so, where do you get your avodart then?

o, and congrats on your success :)

Goingat20

Reaction score
lurkadurk said:
Aplunk1 are you against generic dutasteride? if so, where do you get your avodart then?

o, and congrats on your success :)

He uses genuine dutasteride and get it from http://www.medicalwellnesscenter.com. In all, it costs about $270 + $50 (for the medical consultation-- which prescribes you for 6 months) for 90 capsules of genuine, GSK--USA Avodart