diffuse thinning is the worst of all, isn't it?

Baldester

Banned
Reaction score
05072014133.jpg05072014139.jpg05072014141.jpg05072014143.jpg

just look at them pictures and tell me if diffuse thinning ain't the worst...
also i wanted to ask if diffuse thinners really do respond better to medication (been seeing it round and i wanted to ensure this isn't some BS).
you know what's funny, doctor prescribed minoxidil spray 2%( yea yea 2 percent, nowadays they won't even prescribe that for women, does this s h i t even work?) and some vitamins and minerals for hair(D3, biotin, zinc, iron B family...the usual crap)

i'm 20(figured unless i told you you'd think i'm 50 from that horrible state)
and what made matters worse is that it's not even a receding line (oh boy what i wouldn't give to have regular old male pattern baldness everyone else's got) all over, which kinda tells how much my chances of a hair transplant in the future are, slim or close to none.
overally, i used to be a fair 8 , if not slightly more..., now i wouldn't even put myself in the category of human beings.
it's just...that.

wrwr

Reaction score
Are you sure it's male pattern baldness?
Your hairline is perfect, and you're thinning absolutely everywhere, including donor area.

I suggest to make better research first. Ask multiple doctores, make more bloodtests, try to find anything suspicious.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
As if anyone would think you're 50 from these pictures ! Most people here are in their twenties and in a worse situation than yours :p
I have diffuse thining as well (I'm 24), my hair is a little longer than yours so I don't know if it's the same, but people don't notice unless my hair is wet or if I stand under a bright light.
Your hair loss doesn't seem bad at all (sure sure it's thining ?) though you need to get on a stronger regimen, 2% minoxidil once a day is nothing ! You should think about using 5% twice a day (well I don't know if I should advise the use a minoxidil when I don't use it, don't like to have any product in my hair). If you don't mind topicals there's also spironolactone cream which acts as an anti androgen (unlike minoxidil). Also, consider using a ketoconazole shampoo. And there's of course finasteride, unless you're scared of it.
With a good regimen starting now you should keep good looking hair for a long time !

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
looks like its just short hair with fine texture. i don't see balding or thinning. get some tests done by a dermatologist to make sure though. such as the hairDX text, which measures thickness of the hairs

Baldester

Banned
Reaction score
@FredTheBelgian though i understand well your good intentions, and i appreciate your opinion -as a person with a deeper experience than mine in this matter, most likely- i do assure you I AM NOT trolling the forums, and that i personally count the starnds lost every 4-5, and we're talking +400, and i've seen a doctor almost 15 days ago and went through all tests (minerals, thyroid, hormones, blood serum composition...) and though the results were hard for me to hear, i am no dreamy person, i am realistic, it's diagnosed already by the Doctor, and this is my area of study in college too, now sophomore*, and although i will certainly inspect further and consult a second doctor at least, the case is as good as closed, miniature strands, micro yellow pigmented spots on thinning areas, lower hair quality and texture, and nothing wrong with the rest of the test(healthy as a horse, that, at least, i am content with).
listen man, i don't know why you sounded that offensive but let me tell you this, i don't know, and you probably have it worse than me, but that doesn't mean you can deny that i'm losing hair(though i just love to hear everyone saying that i'm fine, who doesn't)
and tell ya what, if someone can notify one of the dermatologists on this website(sure there are such members) and i'd like to hear him say that the dude in the pics ai'nt got no hairloss
as for my style and character , i believe that i have not issues as long as i don't insult or intimidate other people on these forums.
and finally :
""Considering the length and the virulence of your other posts, you may have some serious issues, and hair loss is not one of them."" as for this unfriendly comment of yours, i will never be as offensive as you did, but i'll say the following : if you really did see my other posts, you'd certainly know that i am nothing short of sarcasm nor humor , i am fully capable of giving you a similar comment with 10 folds the sarcasm, but i simply do not have the will nor the character to do so ,how much does that tell you of my issues, friend?
don't get me wrong, this is merely a response, if however you truely weren't sarcastic in that last post, i'd gladly take back each word and humbly apologize

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Blurry or not I can see no hair loss.

Exodus2011

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
take a picture of the front of your face in natural sunlight, so we can see the contrast between the top of your hair and the sides. i'd say take a picture from about a foot away from your face

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
These folks get miffed if you aren't balding and ask a question but yes, maintaining high fringe that is unaffected is best for transplants.