diffuse thinners - cut your hair SHORT and use COUVRE!

genki21

Reaction score
I shaved my hair just now. 2 guard on the sides and back, 3 guard on the top. It looks ok now, and I don't have to deal with the daily struggle to style my limp thin hair. But after I put couvre on now, my hair looks GREAT!

I was afraid couvre would be noticable with this short hair, but it works even better for diffuse thinners! Easier to apply as well. Just thin the couvre with a lot of water and work it over the scalp. It's not noticable. I have black hair btw.

I'm thinking of trying to tan the top of my head somehow. Anyone do this? I've never been to a tanning salon, not sure what to say there..."uh, I'd like to tan my scalp not my body" ??

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
genki21 said:
I shaved my hair just now. 2 guard on the sides and back, 3 guard on the top. It looks ok now, and I don't have to deal with the daily struggle to style my limp thin hair. But after I put couvre on now, my hair looks GREAT!

I was afraid couvre would be noticable with this short hair, but it works even better for diffuse thinners! Easier to apply as well. Just thin the couvre with a lot of water and work it over the scalp. It's not noticable. I have black hair btw.

I'm thinking of trying to tan the top of my head somehow. Anyone do this? I've never been to a tanning salon, not sure what to say there..."uh, I'd like to tan my scalp not my body" ??

Exactly what I do! I use the Couvre dark brown to basically tone down the whiteness of my scalp which is really white. I can not get my scalp to tan. I try when on vacation and it just burn and peels. I wish I could....it would be alot easier to style, especially in front. What color couvre you use?

VOVVIE

Established Member
Reaction score
Have you given up on hope on using something like minoxidil or finasteride??? :( .. i heard that stuff works good on diffuse hair loss.. butttttt............ W/E man.

genki21

Reaction score
I have black hair.
I am on proscar, nizoral, folligen. But my hair looks like crap, and it's hard to style. This is a lot better for me now.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
its where the hair thins over a large area, not just the extremes.

wils

Established Member
Reaction score
keep those couvre application tips coming guys, still not got it right :eek:

daedalus

Reaction score
Genki, I'm also a diffuse thinner and I buzz my hair very short now. If you can buzz it with a #3 on top, your hair must be thicker than mine. I use a #1 or #2 max, otherwise the thinning is just too apparent. The couvre sounds like a good idea, maybe I'll give that a shot.

Keep us posted on any new tips you come up with.

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
To be honest and not to make anybody feel bad but if you are thinning and past a ...Id say norwood 3 or 4 ..people can tell if your thinning or not no matter how short your hair is.

I would you toppik or couvre with any length of hair.

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When I try to use my couvre, it is so thick that it doesn't apply easily to my scalp. I was wondering if it is because it is cold in my house- I like to crank up the AC to make it 68 degrees or so. But dilluting it with water might also help. How do you do it? Do you wet the sponge first and then put the couvre on the sponge? Or do you put a dab of couvre into a small amount of water, like mixing wasabi in teriyaki sauce?=)

Thanks for starting the thread. Very helpful, very hopeful.

genki21

Reaction score
I'm not on the norwood scale at all actually. My hairline is totally intact, though I did find a tiny baldspot at the top, which is why I'm using the couvre.

Actually my hair is pretty thin, using the couvre all over the top really helps, and with hair this short it's easier to apply.

I don't use the sponge. Just dab it on with fingers, dilute with water and you're set =) Thin it out as much as you can.

The look suits me ok. It looks military I guess, and I'm happy with it. I do wish my hair recovers from my finasteride shed though...I would prefer to have the top a tiny bit longer so I could style it somewhat.

Reaction score
Couvre is seriously magic. The best way to apply it is to shampoo and shower your hair at night, then apply the Couvre afterwards. The next morning take a shower but remember not to shampoo your hair. Then style your hair as you normally do afterwards. Doing this helps create a super flawless head of hair.

I'm also a diffuse thinner.

wils

Established Member
Reaction score
im gonna try a wet paintbrush to get in there with couvre
COME ON DUDES ANY MORE TIPS?

thinstinks

Established Member
Reaction score
VOVVIE said:
Have you given up on hope on using something like minoxidil or finasteride??? :( .. i heard that stuff works good on diffuse hair loss.. butttttt............ W/E man.

haha minoxidil is the worst sh*t in the world........in the past 6 months i have definately lost half my hair

no exxageration, all my hairs have thinned more and more since on it and eventuallly they have all shed and now they grow in thinner and thinner, which was not the case before this sh*t

dont get it dont do it it sux, i hate my life !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
it should come with a gun so you can shoot yourself

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
wils said:
im gonna try a wet paintbrush to get in there with couvre
COME ON DUDES ANY MORE TIPS?

Always apply couvre with sponge to wet hair and scalp....if hair is not wet, wet hands and run through. Coat entire sponge face with couvre, do the crown then proceed towards the front when little is left on sponge but residual (sponge still dark). Pat lightly in frontal area and ALWAYS make the coat consistent in color for a natural look.