Diffuse Thiners......

wild eyed

Reaction score
my question is has anyone here who suffers from diffuse thinning noticed if the thinning ever eventually stabilises or not?

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have a receding hairline and diffuse thinning from my there to the vertex. I have been on 5% minoxidil, finasteride/dutasteride (switched from finasteride to dutasteride one month in), and 2% Nizoral for about two months. FWIW, within the last 10 days or so, my shedding has stopped. I shed almost no hairs when I wash my hair in the morning, nothing on my hands, nothing in the tub, maybe a few hairs (at most) in the sink when I blow dry and vigorously massage my scalp. So my regimen has so far appears to have at least stabilized my hair loss. I have added using Revivogen about 4-5 times a week in an attempt to get rid of as much DHT as possible.

wild eyed

Reaction score
finasteride/dutasteride switch

why did you switch from finasteride to dutasteride?

how much more expensive is dutasteride. i would consider changing. is their a generic version of advoart available yet? are diffuse thinners finding better results with dutasteride?

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I switched because dutasteride has the potential to be more effective against DHT. It inhibits both types of enzymes that catalyze DHT production, and it inhibits more of the critical type II enzyme. Tests indicate it might be more likely to trigger regrowth. I'm 48; I don't have time to mess around with this stuff. :)

For prices, check out this site: http://www.unitedpharmacies.com/

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
0.5 mg.

G

mvpsoft said:
maybe a few hairs (at most) in the sink when I blow dry and vigorously massage my scalp.

do you do some kind of scalp massage, if so what is the theory behind it?

cheers

Ty

mvpsoft

Experienced Member
Reaction score
tynanW said:
do you do some kind of scalp massage, if so what is the theory behind it?
It has nothing to do with hair loss. My hair is fairly curly, and when I do that before picking it out (I use a pick instead of a comb), it just looks better.