different regrowth in temples!!! Can somebody help?

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Guys glad to be back. Its been 7 months since my temple hair transplant and I am very pleased with the result in my right temple. It is not obvious I have taken a hair transplant there and it is completely natural. But my left temple has significantly less regrowth. Maybe the have density. I do not know why this is happening. I have also started getting stressed bacause the Doctor had told me that the final result will happen in 9 months.

Has anyone experienced something like that before???
Thanks guys

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that I had a strip procedure, that my scar is completely undetectable and that I was a nw2.5. Now I am a nw1.5+ I could say.

The hair started to pop out at 3.5 months especially in the right temple. By now I am extremely satisfied with the result there (I do not really care if I get new hair there as it is just fibe already- having curly hair really helps me about that). But the left temple seems to be much emptier. Actually I have hair in the hairline but the rest of the temple has half (or even less) the density of the other temple, giving the impression of a hole in my temple.

In 10 days it will be 7 months since my procedure.
If someone has experience the same phenomenon I would be glad to participate.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Only 7months? You still have plenty of improvement to come. :)

G

It's not unusual to hear. And I agree, give it more time and see what happens.

A quick question. Were there different techs on each side that were doing the graft placing?

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I see where you are heading gillenator. What I know is that the Doctor did the hairline and then 2 others came and did the rest. I dont think that the whole area was done by one person only. But the results of the specific clinic are excellent, so I guess I will have to wait. Nevertheless, the difference is quite noticable...

G

thylax,

If you went to a good Doctor, then you should come out just fine and it also sounds like you healed very well.

My other hypothesis is that the hair follicles do cycle back at varying intervals and alot of the delayed timing back into anagen (growth) can be attributed to re-establishment of the blood supply in the healing process. And remember, the inner layer of tissue (dermis) takes longer to heal than the outer layer.

Time should take care of it. :hairy:

retropunk

Established Member
Reaction score
thylax said:
I do not know why this is happening. I have also started getting stressed bacause the Doctor had told me that the final result will happen in 9 months.

No. The final result can take up to 2 years. However at about 1yr, you'll have most of the potential density.

G

I agree with RP and it's hair shaft diameter maturation that can exceed the one year mark.