Different Finasteride Routine - Question

erdowi

My Regimen
Reaction score
So basically I've been using Minoxidil foam for about 2 weeks, as well as biotin. I've just recently got Finasteride 5mg and instead of cutting it into 4ths, the doctor told me to take it in halves. So 2mg on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Is there any evidence that the works any better or lesser than 1mg daily?

If it is any concern here is my scalp.

http://imgur.com/a/5P6YV

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've heard of people doing 1/2's of the 5mg EOD with success

btw biotin does nothing for hair follicles

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
not sure what the half life is, will be pretty simple to workout if EOD is as effective as ED or not if you knew it. just take 1.25mg a day IMO, will likely result in a more sustained concentration in your body.

Suswang

Established Member
Reaction score
Honestly, given the side effects that have been reported in the literature on even 1mg/day, you'd be crazy to take 2.5mg per day. I find it very surprising that your doctor actually recommended this.

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
why 2,5 mg would produce more sides. it inhibits the same amount of dht as 1 mg 70% . So same dht inhibition same sides .

erdowi

My Regimen
Reaction score
In the end would it be safer to take a 4th a day or neutral? I've seen some people say it's 1.25mg and others say 1mg as .25 is most likely lost in the cutter?