difference between Propecia and Finasteride

christop40

Reaction score
My derm wrote me a prescription for Propecia for 6 months. Is there a generic equivalent of Propecia available? Would it be Finasteride?

Also, is there anyway to buy these medicines without the annoying cost and time to go to the doctor just to get the prescription on a piece of paper? Are there any online pharmacy with doctors on staff who can issue you prescription for extra fee by having you answer some questions online?

rtc84

Established Member
Reaction score
I can answer part of that for you. Yes, generic propecia is finasteride. For the cheapest and best method get a prescription for proscar. And I've never dealt with online pharmacies.

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
I, and many others on this forum, buy finasteride online without a prescription (although i have been given a prescription for propecia before but its ridiculously expensive). I use inhousepharmacy.biz and order Finpecia. Same thing as propecia, just waayyyy cheaper. Many people on this forum have use inhouse and i've never heard of a problem. I've also seen people use 4rx.com but i have no personal experience with them

christop40

Reaction score
Chris87: r u sure that it's ok to buy w/o prescription? I think you want to do it legal otherwise if you get into trouble for buying finasteride w/o prescription, that can create a host of other problems on top of hair problems for the rest of your life.

How long have been using this inhousepharmacy.biz? What if they sell you counterfit medicines? I am not saying all online buying is bad.

Chris87

Established Member
Reaction score
christop40 said:
Chris87: r u sure that it's ok to buy w/o prescription? I think you want to do it legal otherwise if you get into trouble for buying finasteride w/o prescription, that can create a host of other problems on top of hair problems for the rest of your life.

How long have been using this inhousepharmacy.biz? What if they sell you counterfit medicines? I am not saying all online buying is bad.

The DEA/police aren't going to come knocking down your door looking for 30 finasteride pills. I'm not sure how legal it is but to be honest I don't care. No one is going to bother with someone buying a little finasteride on the internet. I've been using inhouse pharmacy for about a year..first to buy nizoral 2% (which is only available by prescription in the US where i live) because my local stores had run out of 1%..then I started buying finasteride from them as well. I've had no problems at all.

I don't believe they would ever sell counterfeit stuff. I nkow a lot of people on this forum who have used them and never had a problem. The finasteride they sell is made by Cipla..which is a gigantic pharmaceutical company, just like Merk. I had side effects when i first started taking it, so...i know its legit haha

Of course its your choice, but I personally can't pay $80 a month to take propecia, and I don't want to take proscar because I use less than a 1mg dose.

akki46

Reaction score
Hi chris dont worry about buying it from inhouse i have bought finasteride from them like 5 years b4 it is legit

abcdefg

Reaction score
Is it possible to split generic proscar into less then 1.25 mg pieces maybe each of those into another piece? Also it is a fact then that the finasteride is evenly distributed through the whole pill there are no fillers or anything we know that for a fact?