DHTvictim's Story - (20 / diffuse thinning)(7 months update)

DHTvictim

Reaction score
Sorry guys to bother you again. But i need your opinions on this pic. The pic showing scalp at the crown is where i part my hairs. But look how wide it is. This pic shows that i am definitely thinning right?
What do you guys think? I just have enough hairs to cover my head . Lift one or two strand and BAM! scalp shows......
[attachment=0:3ie0b43p]28th feb 2009 5.GIF[/attachment:3ie0b43p]

Attachments

• 28th feb 2009 5.GIF
    28th feb 2009 5.GIF
    1.6 MB · Views: 529

Obsidian

Reaction score
I still doubt many people notice it if at all. I mean you are also aiming a digital camera at your hair so it is not going to look perfect. Besides you have only been using finasteride for seven months? To me the earliest it will clear up your crown spot is 10 months while the latest is somewhere in the two year mark.

DHTvictim

Reaction score
Obsidian said:
I still doubt many people notice it if at all. I mean you are also aiming a digital camera at your hair so it is not going to look perfect. Besides you have only been using finasteride for seven months? To me the earliest it will clear up your crown spot is 10 months while the latest is somewhere in the two year mark.

Yeah thats right no one has ever pointed it out..Its just sometimes i m uncertain if it really is thinning. This where i always part my hairs. Also i have really really thin hair. They actually look really good when i wear them at a medium length. I am also using a flash so may be it makes it look worse. Anyways one thing is for sure and that is if i just happen to lose a little bit of more hair my thinning will be obvious to everyone. One thing i have never written is that i started receiving comments like dude your hair is so thin? Are you balding? at the age of 16. So its like i cant remeber what my hairs were like pre balding.

Thnx man. I really appreciate your help on this board. I knew you would be the first to respond.

Anyone else has something to say.

DHTvictim

BodyDysmorphic

Reaction score
rheinblick03 said:
I just got to laugh when dudes like this guy who "suffer male pattern baldness" and have 95.8% of their hair and density from the get-go go on here and bellyache like their life is over. Look at some of the others on here who are fukked beyond doubt, these petulant people have no biz posting such silly posts.

dude i have to disagree with you!!!!

this guy was receding and thinning in the crown
i applaud him for catching it early

he has responded well IMO
and it looks like hes going to be ok

i dont think he said anything like "my life is over" or bellyache in any way

this site encourages people to catch their male pattern baldness early and go on treatments to prevent further loss and possibly regain loss/miniaturized hair

you would probably say the same thing about me
i havent posted a story for that same reason

this guy has not bellyached by any form UNLIKE SOME PEOPLE

and he looks to be improving
props to you bro

Tyler_Durden

Established Member
Reaction score
rheinblick03 said:
DHTvictim said:
I am 20 y/o with diffuse thinning...but thats just not it i always had very fine hairs and a very high hairline i mean people always made fun of my large forehead.But that didnt bother me at all when i was younger.The thing that bothered me back then was male pattern baldness is very strong in my family.My father and mother side both have bald/balding men but one thing is common on both sides is that it is extremely slow.My father is a Norwood 3 at 50 but my elder brother who is 3 years ahead of me had very thick hair at my age but now he is in pretty bad shape(diffuse thinning) at almost 24.Meaning it is very aggressive in my brother.I think i m following the same path with my diffuse thinning plus i have high hairline and slight temple recession.For the last 4 months i have been on finasteride min 5% and ketoconazole 2%(all are generic others are not available in my country).But none of them have shown to make any visible difference except for the hair line which looks a bit thick.I have lost interest and motivation towards my studies and i failed an exam which cost me 6 months and $80.This was because i was always worried about my hair loss..Whenever I think about my future it scares the hell out of me.I am doing everything i can but nothing seems to be working. My life is screwed in every way.

DHTvictim

P.s Dnt mind my english as it is not my native language.Mostly i ve learned is in school and by watching movies.

Body Dysmorphic, read the last few sentences...dude is pinging and he caught it EARLY! My wh*** wife left me and I lost 22,000 hairs in 3 weeks. He has no biz complainging. And oh yea, my sh*t aint grown back yet....

This guy is 20, try using some perspective, he has every right to freak out about his hairloss.

Did you have to worry about losing your hair at 20? You have/had a wife, so I'm guessing you are maybe 30ish, if this guy didn't catch it/if the meds don't work well he may not even make it to your age with hair, so he clearly has every right to be complaining, especially in his own thread.

DHTvictim

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Its been almost a year since I joined this site. And I see that my thread has got some attention. I was too busy recently, had exams and stuff. So didnt find the time to look at HairLossTalk.com. And to Mr.rheinblick03 who are pointing out that I have no right to be here etc etc. I m sure this has happened to many people before me. Anyway I just wanted to add that I really do suffer from male pattern baldness. My brother has lost almost all of his crown and he is 24. I just didnt want to end like him u know. I have a very very large forehead which is not clear in the pics posted. So this means only minor recession, can have an impact more than it is. I basically joined this site just to get help. Getting bald at
20 really sucks. And let me tell you this, guys balding at my age are more worried about what will they have in 10 years or so when they will be 30 or something. So yeah, it does freak you out. If I can keep my hairs or enough hairs to get a transplant at your age I will be really really happy. When everyone around you has Norwood 1 and you are balding, it gets your hopes down. My friends sometimes point out that I have a large forehead and I m balding, I just cant get it right in the pics posted here so you are not seeing the clear picture here.

I will post some pics soon enough. Right now I m going through a terrible shed(May be its because I started minoxidil again).

Thankyou ALL.

DHTvictim

Reaction score
rheinblick03 said:
DHTvictim said:
I am 20 y/o with diffuse thinning...but thats just not it i always had very fine hairs and a very high hairline i mean people always made fun of my large forehead.But that didnt bother me at all when i was younger.The thing that bothered me back then was male pattern baldness is very strong in my family.My father and mother side both have bald/balding men but one thing is common on both sides is that it is extremely slow.My father is a Norwood 3 at 50 but my elder brother who is 3 years ahead of me had very thick hair at my age but now he is in pretty bad shape(diffuse thinning) at almost 24.Meaning it is very aggressive in my brother.I think i m following the same path with my diffuse thinning plus i have high hairline and slight temple recession.For the last 4 months i have been on finasteride min 5% and ketoconazole 2%(all are generic others are not available in my country).But none of them have shown to make any visible difference except for the hair line which looks a bit thick.I have lost interest and motivation towards my studies and i failed an exam which cost me 6 months and $80.This was because i was always worried about my hair loss..Whenever I think about my future it scares the hell out of me.I am doing everything i can but nothing seems to be working. My life is screwed in every way.

DHTvictim

P.s Dnt mind my english as it is not my native language.Mostly i ve learned is in school and by watching movies.

Body Dysmorphic, read the last few sentences...dude is pinging and he caught it EARLY! My wh*** wife left me and I lost 22,000 hairs in 3 weeks. He has no biz complainging. And oh yea, my sh*t aint grown back yet....

You are right man I did write those last few lines in great depression. If you had just read my whole post as attentively as you did the last few lines you will see that I was 4 months into my treatments and was getting through some horrible shedding. As I was using the generics, I thought that may be they were fake or that I was just not responding so it freaked me out.Just see the pics on the 1st page I was THINNING and RECEDING.

DHTvictim

Reaction score
Alright Phlegm flinger,

I am 34. At 20, 25, and 30 I had a generally decent head of hair all over. Then maybe at 31 I started seeing the signs that my hair was receeding/thinning but strangely and oddly I didnt do so much, I looked online for like 3 days about how to stop it from falling out but I never found this site of finasteride so I just took this shitty caffeine shampoo my stupid ex found for me and used that (the sh*t doesnt work). Anyway, my life IS screwed, the german wh*** I was with gutted me for everything. And with that went all my money, house, kids, and my hair. So when I see someone cry about their hair and say their life is screwed when he has thicker hair then I will ever have then he is def seeing the glass as half-empty. He should be counting his blessings, not failing $80 exams. And if I do go bald, I got a big dick and a winning personality to go with my shiny top. I will buy the ladies beer and wine with my foodstamps and take them to my 1980 Ford Pinto and seduce them. Sounds like a plan, or?

So if you have hair better than Bob Barker you shouldnt cry about it.

Masturbation helps male pattern baldness, by the way.....

I am sorry about your wife dude, I really am and you are going through a terrible phase that I cant even imagine. But if someone's life is just not as screwed as yours does it mean they dont have the right to say anything. Do you see your life as a standard to measure other peoples' lives. Come on man, I think you are just spilling the anger of your wife on your hairs and me. And by reading those three lines that I wrote you are assuming that I just keep walking around day and night in complete depression, pissing at everyone and banging my head in the walls. I dont do that I m still enjoying my life but I do get a little stressed out every now and then. Also failing that exam was a great lesson for me. My parents pay for my studies and everything, from rent to bus fares, from food to meds, everything and in return they only want me to study well and get a good job. I have let them down once but it wont happen again. Every obstacle is a stepping stone towards success u know......

Best of luck to everyone..

DHTvictim

Reaction score
Re: DHTvictim's Story - (20 / diffuse thinning)(18months update)

I just thought to give an update. Well things have gotten better and worse over the last year. Had a really bad shed a few months back and my hair got really really bad. Also I started using minoxidil again for a few months and then quit it again. Now I know that its not a good thing to do and I know it gets me sides again and again but thinking that it may make my hairs better I am tempted to try it again. The odd thing is that my hairs always come better in pics then they really are. I think this has something to do with the settings of my camera. Anyways, here are the pics.
[attachment=2:2qf49k8j]DSCN4635.GIF[/attachment:2qf49k8j]
[attachment=1:2qf49k8j]DSCN4636.GIF[/attachment:2qf49k8j]
[attachment=0:2qf49k8j]DSCN4637.GIF[/attachment:2qf49k8j]

Attachments

• DSCN4635.GIF
    DSCN4635.GIF
    887.7 KB · Views: 489
  • DSCN4636.GIF
    DSCN4636.GIF
    884.4 KB · Views: 466
  • DSCN4637.GIF
    DSCN4637.GIF
    858.7 KB · Views: 490

BaldingGuy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So how are you now?

folfoxorack

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
He's now selling his hair for our wigs ...