despair

justasking

Established Member
Reaction score
My hair is disappearing so quickly now that it will be all gone on top at this rate in a few weeks. Four and a half months on the big three. Depression is hard to avoid at this point. I can't trust that this will all grow back any more. It's ten times worse than it's ever been. Why did I ever start on finasteride? I have no options left, and this is ruining any chance I had of recovery. I know..."wait and hang in". Well, I'll have nothing to hang in with.

justasking

Established Member
Reaction score
sorry

I don't mean to discourage anyone. I'm just probably a person for whom nothing will work any more. Good luck to all.

umab

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I would recommend to take minoxidil 2xdaily (not sometimes once a day as declared in your regimen)and stick with your regimen.
4.5months is not enough to tell if it works.

Good luck!

justasking

Established Member
Reaction score
yep

You're right. It's still early in the Propecia game. I hate reading my post...I sound like a whiney pussy. It's just so hard to wake up every morning with less and less hair and try to cover it with Toppik. If I could shave my head, I'd do it NOW. But I have to look like I have hair for at least another year or two for my job.

I've updated my regimen listing because I've added nizoral (does that cause increased shedding at first?) a couple of weeks ago, and I'm going back to the lasercomb tonight, which I used for a long time with great success. I stopped it about a month ago because I thought it might be triggering sheds, but I don't think so any more. My hair is definitely weaker, thinner, and of poorer quality all over my head since I stopped using it.

Pulling myself together for another month of shedding, or improvement, or whatever comes. Thanks for listening.

Cassin

Reaction score
Re: yep

justasking said:
Pulling myself together for another month of shedding, or improvement, or whatever comes. Thanks for listening.

Been there.

When I started, I had absolutely no expectations that anything would work. I thought I had started to fast. Good luck and do your best to not look in the mirror every 45 minutes.