desesperately looking for a non pg/ non alcoholic minoxidil ( without parfume/ smell)

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I tried all the vehicle ( trichosol/ aloplus/ glycerin/ foam,etc... ) But i need a minoxidil without alcohol/ Pg such as trichosol ( great texture), but without the horrible smell.
Or knowing the exact dosage of oral minoxidil which could replace the topical version
I don't want to take 5 mg which seems to be too much of a dosage, i juste need to know the dosage which mimick topical twice daily; maye 1.25mg , ùaybe 2 mg?

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you sure that alcohol irritates your skin? I’m just assuming that’s why you are looking for no alcohol or pg. For the longest time I thought that alcohol and pg irritated my scalp. I found out that I actually had raw skin that the alcohol was getting into and causing burning. Otherwise alcohol works fine. I can’t stand pg and the ph of the solution I am applying has to be on the acidic side instead of alkaline.

Doingitright

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Where are you based, I use getfreshman stuff smells great (may not be ideal for oral), its free from alcohol and PG.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why not drink your minoxidil as is? It's takes a tiny amount daily to see significant results. You might want to start low and titrate upwards because it works so well that many people do shed. I haven't shed on oral minoxidil or topical or duta or finasteride, only spironolactone and that was because spironolactone was working "too well". In a certain sense that is what we want since all the hair is likely to regrow quickly in synchronized anagen cycles of increasing length: