Dermatologist advice

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Should a dermatologist be clued up about prescribing Propecia, as opposed to a non Dr trichologist, and know all the blood levels needed beforehand, or do they just prescribe and that's the end of it?
What are the ones you guys talk of on here regarding hormone levels which should be checked?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No tests, nothing? I can get that from my GP who are lousy, but wondered if it's worth seeing someone like that prior to taking them?

mann02

Established Member
Reaction score
IUbball22 said:
From my experience, I just walked in and said I wanted a prescription for proscar, she said ok and gave it to me...and that was that, she gave me 5 refills lasting me 2 years.

Hey iuuball remember me? My last account was mann01...u help me with my story last time...check my story

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can someone please let me know the tests that you had, the hormones and anything else that helped before you took them?

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Can someone be kind enough to give me the list of blood tests associated with the hormone checks before starting Propecia please. I know people have posted it on here before, but searches contradict threads I've found...

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Had my appointment yesterday and would just like to say how grateful I am to you guys for your help and giving me the info I needed beforehand,

P.S. all the other boards on this forum have people helping them when they need it. Somehow people on here are from the I'm Alright Jack brigade and mostly takers, Be nice to give people who are not in the know, occasionaly.

Time to find another place where people do care about helping not just themselves