Dermarolling / Stamping Questions For Actual Users

INT

Reaction score
Hi all,

I just purchased my first batch of Zix and I wanted to combine this with dermarolling. I had a few questions about this:

1) Can I use the dermaroller when I still have quite some hair in my trouble area? Especially since it is long and curly?

2) What needle is generally recommended for hairloss? I read a lot about 1,5mm but then others say that this is too much.

3) How often should I use that particular length. Again, I read different frequences for different needles.

4) Anyone experience with a dermastamper? I heard this could be better for people that use it on non-bald areas because the hair does not get tangled in the device.

5) What were/are your reselts and with what did you use it in conjunction?

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Using a dermaroller 1.0 mm for a couple weeks now. I use minoxidil 24 hours after and im getting some regrowth after 3 weeks.

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nobody can tell you exactly what to do as there is no formal method afaik. Everyone is just following protocol from the couple of Indian studies that came out in 2013-2014. They used a 1.5 mm roller. The first study did it once a week. The second study did it once a week for 4 weeks then went to once every other week for the remainder. Look for the big dermaroller thread and you can find the links to the studies there.

Keep in mind one study had users apply minoxidil and the second one people were using minoxidil+finasteride

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lucky you!

How often do you usse the roller, everyday?

I use the roller once a week. 1.0 mm.

How often do you apply minoxidil?

I use minoxidil 2 times a day. I see allot of vellus hair and i already have stubbles what wil be terminal hair.

Have to say i also use regenpure dr shampoo. This doesnt regrow my hair but does keep my dandruff away.

I used to lose +50 hairs a day. I lose about 10 max now and no side effects yet but i do keep a close look on everything.