DeRel's Story (4 month update) + now with PICS

DeRel

Reaction score
Hey guys
I've been visiting alot as guest, so i decided to post my own story..
as i have decided to do something about my hairloss and record my progress every week.

My hairloss started back when i was like 16.. ( now i am 21 ) I would wake up in the morning and my pillow would be full of hair.. At the time i was young,and had plenty so i didnt worry about it alot.. I would just wake up in the morning and pick up all the hair off my pillow and throw them in the bin, so my parents would notice. Years passed and my hairloss continued slowly.. but each year becoming more noticeable.. I did not want to accept the fact that i was affected by hairloss.. There were times when my parents would ask me if i was losing hair cause it looked thinner.. so i would just tell them "no what are you talking about" and would immedietly change the subject. I was in such a denial and just would not accept it.. i didnt want to talk about it with anyone, not even my parents...

It destroyed my life, i would get so depressed, would not style my hair the way i wanted, cause then my scalp would show, would not go to the beach or swimming pools, or if i did, i would not get my head wet (which looked so wierd.. everyone diving and playing in the water.. and me trying to keep the water away from my hair, so my hairloss would not show)

Anyway i wont get into all my bad experiences, but i think it has dramaticaly affected my life.. its like being crippled in a way.. you tell yourself, you cant do this, you cant do that, all because you are losing hair..
and really i dont think anyone appreciates his hair, until he starts losing it..
So all these years ive been losing hair and havent done anything about it,, which i regret. I have now accepted the fact that im going bald soon if i dont do anything about it, and even talk about it with my parents.

Anyway i have read about alot of stuff on here so i decided to start of with these.. I will take pics every week and record my progress..
i will post the pics after 4 weeks

Multivitamins- Once a day
Nizoral 2% Shampoo- Twice a week
Spectral DNC minoxidil 5% - Morning and Night

I have also orded some MSM capsules (take twice a day)
Kirkland Minoxidil to replace the spectral application at night.
This is because kirkland is much cheaper, and i wont have to worry about how my hair looks after i apply the minoxidil.. ( i like the way spectral leaves them in the morning btw)

I am also considering to order Proscar
i am a bit worried about side effects but i guess i wont know unless i try it.

Wish me gl with these.. Does any1 have anything to comment about my regiment?
Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks

=============================================
UPDATE--- 3 MONTHS

Hey again guys.. just to give a small update at the 3month mark.

have been using minoxidil everyday
Morning- Spectral DNC
Night- Kirkland + ( 3 sprays of spectral on front hairline and temples)

I must say i have noticed a lot of new growth!
especially on the temples..
my hair is quite long now.. and you can see all the shorter hairs coming out which is very encouraging for me.
I will continue using minoxidil this way and i am sure i will have great results.

==================================
15th January
===================================

I finally started taking 1/4 of proscar
Results?
Well my hairloss completely stopped on the 5th day and not a single hair has been falling out up to now!
I amazed at these fast results, but only time will show if i start shedding again. Up to now its has been great though with 0 sides.. :)

I have pics that i will be uploading soon!

Big thank you to everyone on these forums for your great support and information.

UPDATE--- 4 MONTHS +pics
I continue to apply kirkland minoxidil at night and spectral in the morning
I use nizoral 2 times a week
I have been taking 1.25mg of finasteride for 1 month now.. My hairloss has stopped since day 5 and i still dont notice any hairs falling. (maybe 5 or 6 a day which is usual for everyone)
I have stopped taking MSM

1st Month Front (0 month was too blury)
17112006009vd1.jpg

4th Month Front
16022007008wz4.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
1st Month Left Side(0 month was too blury)
17112006004ms8.jpg

4st Month Left Side
16022007012gd1.jpg

0 Month Right Side
26102006010ek1.jpg

4 Month Right Side
16022007004xk7.jpg

0 Month Top
26102006007ud5.jpg

4th Month Top
16022007015kb0.jpg
[/img]

i have been on finasteride for just 1 month now, with very positive results.. so hopefully by my 4th month mark on finasteride, ill have better results

TheGlamorous

Established Member
Reaction score
Multivitamins- Once a day
Nizoral 2% Shampoo- Twice a week
Spectral DNC minoxidil 5% - Morning and Night

Multivitamins aren't nescessary, especially if they contain Vitamin A where they aren't nescessary at all.

Finasteride however, is nescessary if you want to stop your hair loss. Minoxidil doesn't last long and only works well when used in conjunction with Finasteride.

How does Nizoral+Multivitamins+minoxidil cost you so much per month?

DeRel

Reaction score
I live in the uk by the way..
and
by £47 /month
i mean everything.. including
proscar. msm.multivitamins, spectral, kirkland, and nizoral
for 1 year use

Thanx

DeRel

Reaction score
hey again

i am thinking of adding topical spironolactone into my regime aswell

any thoughts on that?

will this just help to maintain the hair i've got or will it also
help in hair regrowth..
anyone with experience with this product can comment on its effectiveness?

Thanks

G

it may make the minoxidil more effective. it mostly maintains but can regrow a little and can assist other products. it's good stuff.

G

Dude, that looks good. Is it possible that your temples got smaller? Definetly go for the proscar! Good Luck!

Edit: Ok, I see you are already on finasteride. Good decision!

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
looks good man, regrowth is definately taking place! hopefully all those vellus hairs around your hairline will thicken up and fill in because then your hairline would be pretty good actually.

i'm battling similar hairloss as you, im also 21, starting to see results after only 1 month on minoxidil and 2 on proscar. your minoxidil results are inspiring. keep it up!

DeRel

Reaction score
Is it possible that your temples got smaller?

yeah i think my temples got significantly smaller..
im just waiting for the new grown hair to thicken up, and i think they will look much better