Depressed because of hair

sam2019

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm 21 and I'm receding at the temples, no significant loss but I've always had a very high hairline so even a small amount of recession is devastating for my confidence. I had a crew cut for the longest time, with a bit of length on top to cover the thinning areas. I got very tired of it though because if the wind blows my hair or something messes it up, it looks pretty darn bad. Not to mention I was spending way too much time trying to style it in a certain way. I ended up shaving my head, at first I shaved it to a #2 and it didn't look very good, so I shaved with no guard and it looks even worse. I just don't know what to do with my hair.. for most people a shaved head looks pretty good but I can't get over how it looks with my high hairline. It's depressing. I eat a good diet, shampoo with nizoral and regenepure, and apply minoxidil. This has done nothing, in fact it's worse than before. I just don't know what to do. I thought shaving would be liberating, but it def wasn't. I really want to be a confident person but I can't seem to get over my appearance as vain as that sounds. I feel like I'm going to have a very hard time getting a girlfriend that's attracted to me. I also avoid social events sometimes because I'm worried that partying/drinking alcohol will screw up my hair worse worse. Do you guys have any suggestions? Thanks for reading.

VeprSuper

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Sam, from what I have seen here there are only three options. hair transplant, finasteride/dutasteride, or shaving it and dealing with the look.

swingline747

My Regimen
Reaction score
Same here. My hair loss is so high a shaved head looks awful on me. I always want to walk with my face down to make it appear my hair loss is lower.