Depressed About Hair Loss And Need Some Positivity

frickinchickin

My Regimen
Reaction score
My ferritin level is low, they’re 10. I’ve been losing hair for about 10 months, since my boy was born but I thought it was just postpartum hair loss. I’ve been on iron tablets for about three weeks but hair still coming out, in fact it seems worse. I’ve been put on antidepressants as the doctor thinks stress won’t help. My scalp is a lot more visible now and the hair is so thin. I don’t feel I have much longer before it’s all gone and it’s really making me so low. I just need some positivity as everything is so daunting at the moment.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hang in there. You aren't alone in how you're feeling. A lot of promising treatments on the horizon for hair loss in the next couple of years as well

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Give it some time, hair loss due to iron and ferritin deficiency might be reversible if you haven't FPHL

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good, this will most likely reverse then, just give it some time, maintain your iron and ferritin in range (don't overdose it aswell), and in a few months all should be fine.

Giving birth is pretty harsh for organism.

frickinchickin

My Regimen
Reaction score
My hair won’t wait that long I feel, as it can take months for it to build up. Sometimes years in some people I’ve read also. Google sometimes is just a horrible thing for the mind

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on minoxidil in addition to the iron therapy. It's the best proven treatment for women's hair loss of any type.