Denatured ethly alcohol

Private Ryan

Established Member
Reaction score
in my country i can only find denatured ethly alcohol. is it safe to use on scalp? thanks!!!

Edited:
i found the answer. it a mixture of 95% ethly alcohol and 5% methly alcohol. methly alcohol is toxic and will be absorbed through the skin. so guess i can't use it for my scalp. haiz..

diffuse_curse

Reaction score
by the way i wanna ask smt..can t we use cologne instead?.i can t find ethly alcohol easily like you.mostof colognes are simple..ingredients:ethly alcohol,water,parfum..

diffuse_curse

Reaction score
i m sorry..writing:ethly alcohol,water,parfum..no writing denatured..but in generally some substances is added to cologne for inhibiting drink made...
like you wrote..methyl alcohol..no cologne

Old Baldy

Reaction score
Private Ryan said:
in my country i can only find denatured ethly alcohol. is it safe to use on scalp? thanks!!!

Edited:
i found the answer. it a mixture of 95% ethly alcohol and 5% methly alcohol. methly alcohol is toxic and will be absorbed through the skin. so guess i can't use it for my scalp. haiz..

It should be ok. I'll do a search for you.

Hmmm, maybe I'm wrong about putting it on your head everyday!? (Sorry!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Methyl_alcohol

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
There are different substances that are used to "denature" ethyl alcohol. I agree with the others that methyl alcohol isn't something that I personally would want to put on my skin. So don't use it! Use SD-40B alcohol instead, which is ethyl alcohol that's denatured by having a different (harmless) chemical added to it which gives it an extremely bitter taste. That's fine to put on your scalp. It's exactly what Dr. Proctor uses in Prox-N, and it's used in many other commercial topical products, too.

Bryan