delete

jeffsss

Reaction score
well i'm no expert, but I think that's how it starts off for eveyrone who is experiencing male pattern baldness.

I noticed looking though my spiked up hair once that it's was really thin!! I was like WTF?? sure enough a few weeks/months down the road it got a lot thinner, and everytime i wash my hair or try to spike it up with gel i get a handful of hair.

I changed my hair style a little bit and dont use as much gel. it sucks but gotta do what you gotta do.

If i were you I'd go see a dermatologist. just from what you've said i'm sure your Derm will perscibe you propecia. (mine did) i've only been on it a little over a month so i really can't tell you if it's workign or not yet.

but I can tell you I have zero side effects so far.. except for oily skin on my forhead.

don't freak out!! get on propecia and save what you have!

jeffsss

Reaction score
rtg313s said:
Thanks Jeff. Do you think Propecia would help me, especially w/ my thinning, being in the front?

well propecia is the best product on the market for thinning in the front.

nothing is out there to cure it except for a hair transplant. and i've heard not even those are 100% successful.

rogaine and topical products are really only good for the back of your head.

I only have thinning hair in the front. I'm using propecia and i shampoo my hair 2 -3 X a week with nizoral reccomened by my dermatologist.

nothing will cure the front, unfortunatly that's the hardest part to control.

good luck man!

jeffsss

Reaction score
rtg313s said:
Thanks again. Does anyone know how long of a process hairloss tends to be

could be for a few weeks/months could be indefinate.

from what i've gathered people go though shedding stages, and some are worse then others, so your not going to get a definate time frame.

so what i'd do now is set up an apointment to see a dermatologist.

it takes minimum of 3 months for propecia to start working so the sooner you get it the better.

biff

Established Member
Reaction score
My hairloss started pretty much as you describe. The speed of loss is different in everyone. I first noticed my hair falling out in my early twenties but it only become noticeable to other people in my late twenties.

Axon

Reaction score
Sounds like male pattern baldness. But then, you know your hair better than we do. However, the old cliche is virtually always true: if you think you're losing your hair, you probably are.

Propecia is good stuff and cost effective if you purchase it's "big brother," Proscar.

Axon

Reaction score
I thought the exact same thing. Cost me a few years of treatment and a whole lot of ground.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
My scalp slowly got worse and worse when i started losing my hair. Itching, redness, dry and so on.... i think it's a good indicator that you could be going bald soon.

Sol_5

Reaction score
rtg313s, the way you describe your hairloss sounds exactly like waht i went threw.

don't waste time like i did. i managed to maintain a good amount of hair & with dermatch my hairloss is barely noticeable, but if you start straight away you will never regret it!

go see a derm asap. BUT do not get tricked into joining one of these laser clinics. they waste time & money :!:

jimbojones001

Reaction score
my hair is thin when its spiked up by i dont get handful of hairs when i take a shower and i dont see any hairs on my pillow when i wake up. i also never get any itchy scalp or irritation. is my hair just naturally fine and thin?...maybe my hair is just dry?

heads-up

Reaction score
Hi rtg313s

I've got pretty much exactly the same symptoms as you've described... am also young... also think the hair may be thinning at the front on the top. Again, pretty much as you've said.

Please let me know how you're getting on with the treatments you've started. Thanks!

I'm in the UK - can someone tell me if these drugs are prescribed by your GP? How does it work? If not, where do we get them and how do we safely know what we should be taking?

I'm a newbie as you probably gathered... :)

Many thanks

HU