Deceit's Story

Deceit

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Longtime lurker, new poster :)

I'm a 20 year old male (turning 21 in october) that's been losing his hair since 16 or 17 years old. I was on proscar from 16-18 and I didn't notice much success in regrwoth, but it did seem to slow the hair loss process down a bit. When I turned 18, my dermatologist recommended that I give Avodart a shot. I started to take Avodart and still, I did not notice much regrowth success. Maybe it was because I was missing doses here and there and I was generally pretty lazy about it.

In the past year and a half or so, my hair loss was getting really bad. Bad to the point where I've lost about 60-70% of my hair on my front and i've been losing more hair at the vertex. I made the decision to look into a surgical replacement and about 2 weeks ago I got my surgery done by Dr. Schwinning here in Edison NJ. He left the vertex alone and filled in the front area really nicely. I can't wait to see the results in a couple months!!

I stopped taking Avodart back in January for a couple months but started again in June. I actually noticed some improvement in my vertex area and i'm hoping it will help along with the surgery's efforts. I also just ordered a 3 month supply of Rogaine which i will also be appling on the crown.

Hopefully in 6 months or so i should have some fantastic results!

YoungAndThin

Established Member
Reaction score
wow it's rare to hear of someone as young as 20 having a transplant. Your hairloss must have been very advanced.

Do you have any before pics you can show?

how many grafts did you ahve done?