Dcajun's Story

dcajun

Reaction score
Never in my life did I think I would be posting to a hairloss forum, and yes I will piss some of you off. But, I feel men getting onto Testosterone need to know my experience.

At 47 years old I found I had "low T" and was explained the huge benefits of the replacement therapy. Long story short, I got on the meds and almost immediately felt the effects, and went back to my twenties. I chased my wife around the house, lost weight, grew muscle mass, got woodies at night, etc, etc.

Stop, put on the brakes, no one told me that I would lose my freekin hair. My grandfathers died with a full head of hair, my father will die with a full head of hair, and my mother will also. So why the hell was I losing the hair on top of my head, "male pattern baldness" to be exact. Well, come to find out, its a side effect of the testosterone. I've been all over the internet trying to find excuses for the loss, other than the testosterone, but to no avail, boom.

It really pains me that I might have to make a decision to get off of the test so that I can save my hair. And this is where I can here the screams from bald men, "poor baby", full head of hair and he's worried about a few strands. Listen, and don't worry, now I understand what my bald friends went through.

My Doctor put me on propecia, but for some reason it causes extreme headaches for me. I've just started the S5 cream and really hope it will help. So far no headaches, but we'll see.

Again, if you are thinking of Testosterone, and you have a full head of hair, get the jump on baldness. At least start something topical, you don't want the reality of falling hair and the loss of "Test" benefits.