David Lynch

Reaction score
For me, the worst part about hair loss is the variability among people. At 19 years old, I started losing my (already very fine, straight, ****ty) hair. Meanwhile, guys like David Lynch, at 68 years old, has the follicular strength and hairline of a god. If all men went bald at like 50 like women with menopause, this stigma wouldn't exist and I'd be a lot happier. Anyone agree?

img-david-lynch-01-_184117216071-768x1024.jpg

2398418132_1605481a21.jpg

Perhaps Lynch would be willing to donate his scalp to science once he passes, to unlock the secrets of his amazing hair? I would drag my nutsack through a mile of broken glass for that flow.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
Yes, YES, I agree. The worst part is the "why me?", which is even worse for me since I'm a young woman and basically the only one I know in real life with hair loss. Going outside and seeing all the people with full heads of hair is actual torture for me.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
Um no. People balding young is good (for me). Balding then is not a sign of aging.
If people were to ONLY get bald at 50, that would make it depressing when you go bald.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
One of the Account managers at my job is just as old as David Lynch and has hair thats the same style, but even thicker.

Dude is twice my age with 4 times as much hair. Fvcking bullsh!t.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
One of the Account managers at my job is just as old as David Lynch and has hair thats the same style, but even thicker.

Dude is twice my age with 4 times as much hair. Fvcking bullsh!t.

Nah no bs, he just hit the genetic jackpot of amazing hair.

resu

Reaction score
His hair is clearly part of his personality, he is exposing his personality directly with his hair, we're just supposed to buzz it off like if we were a bunch of criminals.

EvilLocks

Reaction score
If people were to ONLY get bald at 50, that would make it depressing when you go bald.

And it's NOT depressing to go bald before 50? I thought you started losing hair at 12, wasn't that a bad feeling? Or am I not getting something here?

MrBald

Reaction score
The question we can ask ourselves is: would David Lynch have had the same successful career as a director if we started losing his hair in his 20's?

These guys are so oblivious of their good fortune. We struggle and live in pain, while they just cruise through their entire life with amazing hair.

I totally agree Fred.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
And it's NOT depressing to go bald before 50? I thought you started losing hair at 12, wasn't that a bad feeling? Or am I not getting something here?

It was bad, but it was not bad because I was deteriorating, it was bad because society unfairly judged me to be uglier.
Compare to baldness at 40-50, when baldness is an in-your-face sign, independent of society, that you are deteriorating.

Reaction score
Um no. People balding young is good (for me). Balding then is not a sign of aging.

Ok, obviously I meant what I said for people who lose their hair young. For those who lose it in their teenage years or 20s etc, it is devastating - especially when there are guys in their 60s, 70s and 80s with a full head of hair.

All I'm saying is that if alll men started losing their hair around the same age (50s - 60s), it would suck evenly, for everyone. But also be great - for many years, for everyone. People who lose it early don't have to be judged or vilified for it

Fena2000

Established Member
Reaction score
You know what's worse. If you're a woman who's balding and your husband has a head full of thick hair, like mine does. Im jealous of his hair.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
how can one fu*k life up so much when they don't have to go through the mental pain male pattern baldness causes?

Someone living in a third world country could ask the same question of us NW6s.
" how can one fu*k life up so much when they don't have to worry about clean water, not dying of starvation, or not freezing to death because of lack of clothes??"

resu

Reaction score
Someone living in a third world country could ask the same question of us NW6s.
" how can one fu*k life up so much when they don't have to worry about clean water, not dying of starvation, or not freezing to death because of lack of clothes??"

Most of them never lived on a first world country so they don't know what they're missing, sure they have tv's and whatnot but they haven't experienced it. We had hair so we knew how it was before.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Most of them never lived on a first world country so they don't know what they're missing, sure they have tv's and whatnot but they haven't experienced it. We had hair so we knew how it was before.

Ok but this is our mental health we're talking about.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
That first picture: a thick teenager feathered hairstyle on a 68 year old

Wow. Respect this dude, because he did something with his genetical jackpot.

What I hate are 40 year old NW1's being homeless... how can one fu*k life up so much when they don't have to go through the mental pain male pattern baldness causes?

I agree with every single thing in that post.

I've got to admit this, when all of us started to lose our hair, that's when we really realize for a fact that life just isn't fair. If all men went bald at 50, I think the stigma wouldn't exist and I think we'd all be happier. Though, when one starts to lose their hair when they're only in there teens, twenties or even thirties, it's just crippling. I started to lose my hair when I was 16, and I was actually professionally diagnosed with premature balding when this problem came. And believe it or not, the hair on the sides of my head also started to grey, and I was also diagnosed with premature greying, so that significantly added to the turmoil.

So since I basically see everyone else my age with super thick healthy full heads of hair with color and shine, it's tremendous torture for me.

resu

Reaction score
Having hair means having it alot easier. No money spent on crappy treatments and time saved waking up ready for the day(not spending 3 hours in the morning to make hair look acceptable), and being social alot easier since you don't have to hide under hoods/hats all the time.

Balding is guarantee to be a hassle if you don't have the manly look to be able to sport a shave/buzz head but if a cure came out it wouldn't mean hot chicks would be landing on our feet or that we would get that job just because we now have a full NW1.

I can't sport a bald head because the coldness I feel in my scalp makes me feel ill and hats are too hot and uncomfortable due to the sweat and I haven't even dealt with the fact that I feel like I lost a part of myself.