DaveM03's success story

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveM03

Reaction score
I'm 39 and have been losing my hairince I was 27. I had very thick hair, and the loss has been slow, but steady. Well, when I turned 34, a few of my "kind" co-workers were kind enough :roll: to point out the fact that I had a small bald spot showing up. I immediately went on propecia. So from 2000 until last year, I stayed on that. My loss was still slow and steady, but I figured it was probably slowing it down and buying me time with what I had. Then a year ago, I it was becomming obvious to me that I was getting thinner and thinner. I switched to proscar (5mg), from the 1mg of propecia. I started minoxidil as well. Did that for a year, and NOTHING.

After MANY hours of research, I figured it was time to try Avodart (dutasteride). I started it Oct. 1st of 2004. My results have been nothing short of AMAZING!!! My hairloss has stopped. Actual new hair is growing even in the front. They are slowly turning into thicker real hairs. Even my existing hair is now growing in thicker (the existing hairshafts), making my entire head of hair fill look fuller.

Propecia NEVER gave me 10% of what Avodart has. Granted it's only been about 4 months (hoping it continues), but I'm actually proud of my hair again. I was at the point of using hairspray to hold combed hair over spots that were thin. No More. I've also had no side-effects from any of the above treatments I've tried.

I cannot understand why this drug has not been approved for hairloss yet. For me, it is the only thing that has worked. I even saw a friend yesterday (haven't seen in 6 months) who thought that I might of "had something done" to thicken my hair

*** I'm not a doctor and these are just my opinions... I was just a guy who worried about his hairloss at least 50 times a day. I now find myself looking in the mirror to see the thicker hair, not the thinner hair.

In my opinion try Propecia...It obviously works for some people. It did NOTHING for me. If it does nothing for you, research Avodart. I only wish I would of started it sooner!!

Status
Not open for further replies.