Damien's Story (Pics included)

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
G'Day Damien,

I am from Sydney. Very nice and inspiring stories.
Can you tell me how much did the hair transplant cost u?
Happy New year!

Nexus :)

G

Hi there Nexus, the cost obviously depends on the surgeon you choose as they can start from $4 a graft to $8 a graft.As they say you pay for what you get for.In my case it was $10k but there was a 20% rebate from the tax deptartmant that you can claim which gave me back about $2500.Have you had a hair transplant performed?

Damien

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi Damien,
7500$ is not very expensive. And considering the fact that you are happy with your results..is what matters!
Are you still losing hair from crown?
What about the transplanted hair? Do they fall out and grow back like normal hair?
I havent had a hair transplant as yet. I wanna keep hair transplant as my last resort. I plan to jump on Finasteride train which should maintain my hair for 5 years or so, then Add minoxidil which will give me another 5 years..so total of 10 years of finasteride and minoxidil.
After that I should be rich enough to go for an hair transplant and by that time new technologies like hair multiplication will be widely available. So no hair transplant at the moment.
But gathering up info from you abt hair transplant in australia, just in case treatments dont click for me.
Thanks for your reply though.
Cheers
Nexus

G

Hi there Nexus81,

The price of my hairtransplant didint bother me.Ive would have paid the world to get a hair transplant performed.It was the best thing i have done.My confidence levels are back up my self-esteem is up everything is great.After the first month or 2 they go into a dormant stage and the transplanted hairs fall out which is abit scary but they are supposed to.After the 3month on wards the little hairs start to pop through and there is exciting times ahead from there on.The hair that grows back is your own hair and it is undetectable it is so natural but you have to make sure that you get a good surgeon so do your research.Iam still losing from the crown area its not overly bad but if i go back for one more procedure this year i will get some pout in the crown area and some more put in the front to mid region aswell.Have you had alook at any doctors yet? Do you have a pic of your hair so i can see what stage your at?

regards damien

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Hi Damien,
I am currently at Norwood 2.5. Basically I wanted to grow hair at temples. I am 23 y.o. I have been losing hair from the age of 19.

Well basically I was on minoxidil and Nizoral on last 5 months and saw some decent results. I gained thickness on top.

However minoxidil application is a PAIN. It made me late to work so many days..late to uni so many days. Sometimes I had real horrible bad hair days because of it and could not even wear a cap to work as I work in a office.

And I started minoxidil even before I visited this website. I think I did a mistake to use minoxidil as my first option. having a hectic life style I cant afford minoxidil in my schedule.

Its been 2 months since I quit minoxidil and shedding hairs...but then I dont get late to work.

I will soon be starting Finasteride and add minoxidil late in life. I dont have enough money to go for a hair transplant and frankly speaking I would never even go out till my head was got ridden of the "reddish scarring" as seen in your photo after a hair transplant. BTW..how long did it take for that reddish scarring to go away? Did people immediately notice your hair transplant and what did they comment?

I have saved your email address in my mail account and perhaps will be needing your help in future. So i may contact you in person!

Thanks

Nexus

G

Hi there Nexus you can email me at any time hey.Do you have any pictures i can see of your hair.The reddish scarring went away within 3 days. It looks quite bad but fades real quick.After the surgery i was back at work within 3 days and not one of my work colleagues noticed a thing.None of my friends noticed a thing either.It blended in with my exsisting hair.
I think the dcotors wouldnt choose surgery right at the moment because of your age.

regards Damien

G

Hi there people i just want your opinions on how long should i wait before i go back and get some more grafts to fill in the front area to dense it up.Also want to get some performed in the crown area.

Damien

Petchsky

Reaction score
Hey Damien,

Did you have a strip procedure or FUE?

Cheers.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Looking real good...especially when then side bits fill in you will have a great hairline. Suits your face. Cheers for answering my question, just wondered as i'm thinking of having some FUE....about 500.

G

Nice Petchsky is that your first hair transplant? How much will that cost you if i can ask?

Damo

Petchsky

Reaction score
Not sure, should only be just over £1000 as there is not that much transplanting to do. Not yet contacted the clinic or had a consultation, but this guy is the best in the UK and the only one that does FUE.

Yep it will be my first. I still have a full head of hair and a Norwood 2 hairline, but i have been on my regimen 2 years now so i'm stable, but the crown is still a little to thin and i have one or two gaps in the sides. Completlely hidden when i wear my hair down or have it short but if i brush it back it looks not so good.

So really i want FUE for my weak spots. But i guess it will be up to Dr Rogers if he goes ahead and i hear he is very ethical and only operates if he feels the patient is right.

G

You should look really good once you decide to get FUe done.It will really make a big difference.

Damo