Damage to Scalp?

amsterdam

Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I am interested in eventually getting HM done, and was curious if wearing a piece damages the scalp. I would probably be using something from toplace. Any thoughts?

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of a Hair piece hurting anyones scalp in my 44 years in the biz.

In the past, weaves, clips and some attachment systems were known to cause hair loss because of pulling of remaining hairs.

A person could be allergic to some adhesives used to attach a unit, but your supposed to test them out, before use. Normaly there would be only a slight irritation associatiated with an adhesive your allergic too and you can switch and find a different one that doesn't irritate you. Most adhesives these days are very safe.

DO USE CAUTION with any super glue type adhesives or instant bond products.. those have been know to have sever reactions on a limited number of clients. I've experienced this on ONE client, and it's real messy and you can't get the dam unit off easily till it grows out some ... leaving you with ozzy sore holes in the scalp. It heals! but it's NOT NICE.