Daily Styling And Hair Care Process

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
When I had my first u it attached, I was freaked out by the densityod the hair, so we thinned a Medium density way down. As a result of the excess thinning, as my u it aged, it really felt like a dry birds nest on my head. When it was loaded up with product on a daily basis it looked good, but if I didn’t have it loaded up, it was frizz up, and you could clearly tell where the hairpiece began and ended. Also, I noticed it was getting much lighter. I was u happy to the point I ordered my second system 2 weeks early.

The next unit I ordered Med light density, didn’t thin at all, and left the hair linger. Overall I’m much happier with this density, and the overall look. But I still struggle with daily styling. I would love to comb it into lace and forgo the products but that won’t work. While I am using less now,than before, i still need to keep a good bit of gel to keep it Tamed and controlled. While I have nothing to compare it against, I still feel like my hair is drier than it should be.

I was my hair 2 per week
I use a conditioner with Purple in it almost daily - this was mostly to help ensure ,y hair doesn’t lighten... and I think that has helped. M
I use “It’s A 10” leave in conditioner daily
I use a hair gel first thing and style.

So I guess ,y questions are two

1. Is it realistic to think I can get a controlled totally natural look with out using gels and such.

2. Does anyone have recommendations or,advise to help keep the hair from feeling dried,out. Obviously using gels and such compunds the dry feeling hair.

On a side note, I rinse my hair with tepid to flat out frigid water, but I do take really hot showers after tha. I notice that I get some glue residue below the hairline. What is the best process to keep the hairline clean without breaking the bond? Currently using ghost bond and tape,on the side my hair is parted on and it’s holding on really well!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi DG,

Make sure your styling gel does NOT have alcohol in it, that dries out the hair. You also don't need to wash your hair twice a week, once is more than enough. I am not sure what the "purple" conditioner is, but check what's in it. And I would not even rinse it on a daily basis. Just try and only get the side and back hair rinsed if you sweat.

A new hair system should not frizz, especially if it's a high-quality hair system, I would check with the supplier. In order to keep the hair in place, you could go old-school and try and use a "hair oil", instead. This will also alleviate the need for all the conditioning. Maybe an alcohol-free light hairspray?

When my hair was long, during the summer I would use a spray-in conditioner with sunscreen, and brush. The system would only get washed when it was removed, where it would get a light shampoo and conditioner (with argan oil added).

I also used tape for perimeter and GhostbondXL for the hairline, which stands up to sweat and heat, make sure you have the right type.

Super hot showers, bad for your skin, bad for your bond, that is why it may be leaking.