Daily Headaches with topical Minoxidil 5% foam

roblexky

Reaction score
I started using topical Minoxidil 5% foam twice daily one week ago and have been getting daily tension headaches every day since. Are headaches a common side effect that might go away after a few weeks of usage or should I decrease to once daily, then return to twice if they subside?

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started using topical Minoxidil 5% foam twice daily one week ago and have been getting daily tension headaches every day since. Are headaches a common side effect that might go away after a few weeks of usage or should I decrease to once daily, then return to twice if they subside?
I have overdosed on topical minoxidill to the point of being unsteady on my feet. And also used high dose minoxidill orally. Never have I felt headaches. Use once a day for now it works for many.

roblexky

Reaction score
I have overdosed on topical minoxidill to the point of being unsteady on my feet. And also used high dose minoxidill orally. Never have I felt headaches. Use once a day for now it works for many.
Thanks for the advice and sharing your experience. I am starting once daily today and will be careful to stop at half a cap full.

Last edited:

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Headaches are a common side effect of topical min, and usually go away after a small number of weeks.

jazz1

Reaction score
My sides subside after a few months, the body takes time to adjust but always seek medical advice.