Daily Hair Shed Counts vs. Replacement

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Androgentic Alopecia is the shedding or hair that is NOT replaced, right?

And miniaturization is the cycling of hair into smaller and smaller hair shafts/follicles.

Okay, what I don't get is this:

After 7 months of dutasteride, I style my hair and lose about 40-50+ hairs. However, the hair is looking a bit better... Sure, the hairline and temples might be receding or getting a bit thinner, but the entire top and crown are looking very thick... almost pre-male pattern baldness days.

My question to you guys is, do you think treatments should STOP hair from shedding "consistently" 40-50+ hairs daily, or do hairloss treatments simply REPLACE these hairs with thicker shafts?

The hairs I'm shedding are thin, wispy, and most of them do NOT have bulbs on the ends. Dabbing Rogaine into my hair, easily another 10+ hairs fall out.

I wonder if I'm losing the war, or if I'm simply shedding, or if I am still LOSING hair.

Another mental breakdown day...

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
if the top of your head is looking thicker, thats all that matters. Who cares how many hairs you lose everyday. If it looks better..it probably is.

Reaction score
al, iam going through the same thing as well. i am seeing more and more hairs on my pillow but overall everything is getting thicker. also i see small hairs starting to grow on my hairline as well. i have never lost this much hair but all seems good but iam seeing very thin and weak hairs fall out. my question is: if thin hairs fall out does it get replaced but thick ones? or does it progressively get thicker and thicker like when it went thiner and thiner?