Daily finasteride use cures my bacne/chestne

Reaction score
Anyone else experience this? Literally within days of starting finasteride my body stopped creating more acne and after a few weeks it's completely clear.

I actually had to stop taking finasteride for a few days when I was waiting for my Proscar to arrive (started with Propecia) and noticed the acne returning.

Is this a sign the micro-doses I keep reading about people taking (0.5mg EOD etc) aren't as effective? I read a post somewhere that said finasteride is supposed to lower DHT for a few weeks. For me the acne returned after using 0.5mg EOD for about 7 days. It went away again when I started taking Proscar 1.25mg daily.

No progress with hair yet as I just started my second month of treatment.

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think I have seen an increase in acne on my face starting dutasteride

Reaction score
I think I have seen an increase in acne on my face starting dutasteride

The bacne/chestne I had was more the deep cystic type. I sometimes have a few regular spots on my forehead and finasteride hasn't stopped those (maybe slight increase in areas where I apply minoxidil).

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
acne is caused by a couple of things including dht and bacteria. This is why cb-03-01 is in clinical trials for acne and why it is believed to work for both acne and Androgenetic Alopecia

Diffuser44

Banned
Reaction score
acne is caused by a couple of things including dht and bacteria. This is why cb-03-01 is in clinical trials for acne and why it is believed to work for both acne and Androgenetic Alopecia

That cb-03-01 sounds awesome. Acne, hairloss and other dermatitis cure. Not too shabby.

- - - Updated - - -

I bet it will cost $20,000 a gallon though.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Yeah cb could be pretty big. Also dont forget it might work for women too, and might help with unwanted body hair because of how androgens cause body hair to start growing. If CB is strong enough and it might to stop T to some degree to have an effect on body hair who knows until they see