Daily dosage, for the millionth time.

ManlyStanly

Reaction score
Ok so I've read over without thinking about it before but now that I get my pills I realize they are 5mgs. I figured one a day... but now I read people saying they take 0.5 mg a day.... Am I supposed to cut my fincar into 10ths? Wth? How am I supposed to do that they are half the size of a button.

TY :)

MrAnon

Reaction score
The standard dosage is 1mg, so most people cut Proscar/Fincar into quarters to approximate that.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
quarters,do quarters 1.25mg :)

ginner

Established Member
Reaction score
ManlyStanly said:
Ok so I've read over without thinking about it before but now that I get my pills I realize they are 5mgs. I figured one a day... but now I read people saying they take 0.5 mg a day.... Am I supposed to cut my fincar into 10ths? Wth? How am I supposed to do that they are half the size of a button.
TY :)
Yeah, cutting them into tenths might be a bit tricky. If you're going to try it, I think you would have better luck crushing the pills up finely with a mortar and pestle or something. Then you could separate out 1/10 of the powder. I guess that will still be difficult though.

Also, if you do decide to crush up your finasteride then remember the warnings about pregnant women being exposed to it. Supposedly it can be absorbed through the skin and from there it can lead to birth defects. It's not generally considered a risk to handle the tablets. It's only a problem when they are crushed up and the outer coating is removed.