Cutting up finasteride question?

young gun

Reaction score
I finally got switched over from propecia to proscar(finasteride). The new pills are 5mg. blue pills. They are very small and I am having trouble cutting the pill into fifths. I bought a pill cutter but it is not helping too much. So does anyone have any suggestions, maybe where I can find a better pill cutter or how to cut it with out messing it up? Thanks

beaner

Reaction score
Pill cutters are pretty much the same. What kind of difficulties are you having using it? Use a razor blade or exacto knife if you can't use the cutter.

s.a.f

Reaction score
just bite a tiny chunk off each day.

beaner

Reaction score
Cassin said:
s.a.f said:
just bite a tiny chunk off each day.

No. Do not do this.

Why? If he's getting his finasteride locally from a legit source, why can't he just bite a chunk off for his daily dose? It ain't gonna make a difference. You take 1.25 of generic finasteride, so....."

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
are you having trouble cutting the pills equally or just getting them to cut in general?

cmudave

Established Member
Reaction score
Do you have proscar...or generic proscar? And...are you having trouble cutting the pills equally or just getting them to cut in general?

haunted-ballroom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I recently started using proscar and cutting it up is a bit of a pain. Do you lose any of the medicine when you cut the pills? after cutting them, there is quite a bit of er....dust lol, left there.....

Phillip

Established Member
Reaction score
haunted-ballroom said:
I recently started using proscar and cutting it up is a bit of a pain. Do you lose any of the medicine when you cut the pills? after cutting them, there is quite a bit of er....dust lol, left there.....

That is the dust of life (for hair anyway) :)

jeffm81

Reaction score
beaner said:
Pill cutters are pretty much the same. What kind of difficulties are you having using it? Use a razor blade or exacto knife if you can't use the cutter.

If they're all the same, why are there so many? :) I'm sure some work better than others. Does anyone have a particular brand or model that works for them?

haunted-ballroom said:

Well, you're still getting the 1 mg at least, and you're saving so much money by splitting the pills that I don't think losing a little matters...