Cutting proscar into 5`s

fgier

Reaction score
So i just tried to cut Proscar into five, following the video posted somewhere on this site. Went pretty well, but I think that the pieces didn`t get exactly 1mg each. Probably something between 0.8-1.1 mg. Is this a problem? Should the dose be consistent or is it a problem that one day the dosage may be 0.8 and the other day 1.1 ?

Thanks

fgier

Reaction score
Thanks!

I read somewhere that 0.2 or 0.5 mg of finasteride is 80% as effective as 1 mg. When I vary the daily doses a bit, will I still have 1 mg in my blood ? I really need 100 % of what finasteride can give me!

fgier

Reaction score
Thanks.

The reason I`d like to cut it into 5`s is to reduce the chance of getting any sides. I think I`ll just try to get it as good as possible by cutting the Proscar into 5`s. Maybe I`ll get a sharper knife !

metalheaddude

Reaction score
philly said:
Trust me, slightly varying daily doses isn't a problem at all! If you really want to be on the safe side, just cut the proscar in 4. That way you'll be taking 1.25mg per day!

I agree with this actually. I cut my proscar into 4 but I rarely get it exactly spot on. But its close enough. Personally I think cutting into 5 is impossible and a waste of time.

The easiest way to do it acurately is to disolve your finasteride into a small thimble of alcohol (finasteride doesnt disolve in water) then measure out the parts and drink them when required.

fgier

Reaction score
Do you think there`s a difference between the sideeffects on 1.25mg and 1mg ? I`ve been on Propecia for 3 months now, and besides a minor pain in my chest/nipples from time to time, I`ve had no sideeffects.

It sure would be a lot more convenient cutting it into 4!

Another question: how long can Proscar be stored after I`ve cut it into 4/5 ? I just cut 10 pieces and put them in a old vitaminbox.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
fgier said:
Do you think there`s a difference between the sideeffects on 1.25mg and 1mg ? I`ve been on Propecia for 3 months now, and besides a minor pain in my chest/nipples from time to time, I`ve had no sideeffects.

It sure would be a lot more convenient cutting it into 4!

Another question: how long can Proscar be stored after I`ve cut it into 4/5 ? I just cut 10 pieces and put them in a old vitaminbox.

I would not cut more than 4 or 5 peices at a time. Apparently finasteride is very prone to absorbing moisture thus reducing its effectivness.

As for 1.25mg, dude the original dosage for this stuff was 5mg! Hence the existance of proscar. The difference between 1mg and 1.25mg is not even worth discussing in terms of side effects. Just cut it into 4 pieces its what most people do including this sites moderators and have excellent results.