Cutting propecia

tomj12

Reaction score
Hey guys, been on Propecia for 4 months or so now on 1mg tablets. I'm wondering if I can cut the tablets in half and cut my dosage to 0.5mg per day and if it will be as effective? It says on the paper you get with it to not open the tablets until I want to take them, obviously cutting them in half would involve opening them.

The reasoning behind this is because I want to reduce the risk of getting the sides and also save money at the same time. The only side I have now is a reduced sex drive.

Any advice or experience would be good, cheers.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I always split 5 mg in 4 pieces and never had any problems with that. If you just cut it in half and take a half side after cutting it and taking the other half the next day I don't see a problem.

abcdefg

Reaction score
If its not hard outer coating or extended release it seems you could split it. You could always weigh it for exact dosage. Its really just absorbtion that could change depending on the pill or I guess active ingredients could be unevenly distributed. I know though with propecia people have been splitting them but a lot of people do wrong things doesnt make it right
My guess though is propecia is okay to split and its not a critical drug like a life threatening illness.

tomj12

Reaction score
What do you mean by hard outer coating? I think it's the same density throughout and how can I check for extended release? It seems to be branded Propecia which I got from a well known online pharmacy.