Cutting propecia in half

Dogs3

Experienced Member
Reaction score
does anyone here take .5 mg of finasteride by cutting it in half? Does this help reduce sides and still maintain effectiveness? any help would be welcomed

Trog

Reaction score
Very curious about this too.

I have seen someone say that taking .5 twice a day seemed to reduced sides. Don't know if it changed the effectiveness.

nydheart

Established Member
Reaction score
I have read that taking 0.25 mg of finasteride is pretty damn close to the same as taking 1 mg. I think I will give the 0.25 a shot once i get my finasteride.. Might as well start out lower and then if you have to work your way up.

Hit5

Reaction score
Not sure if it would be as affective or not but it would stretch your dollar an extra month.

nydheart

Established Member
Reaction score
And maybe your wang as well... Seriously though, I am pretty sure there are studies out there showing that .25 was pretty much the same as taking .5 and 1.

CCS

Reaction score
Dogs3 said:
does anyone here take .5 mg of finasteride by cutting it in half? Does this help reduce sides and still maintain effectiveness? any help would be welcomed

for some people it does reduce side effects. As for effectiveness, it is a lot better than no finasteride at all. It is almost as effective as 1mg. Also try 0.25mg, but I would not go lower than that.

CCS

Reaction score
yes I've seen the studies. No I don't have a link.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score