Cutting generic finasterid

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering, for the people who don't have propecia but only generic finasteride, how precise do you have to be when you cut it? There's always going to be a little bit of crumbling and the four portions won't be EXACTLY the same size. Is it very important that you take the exact same dosage every day, or is the main thing that you get the required weekly dosage of 5mg, regardless of how precisely it's divided?

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I cut my finasteride with a knife and same pieces is small the others, sometimes i eat 1.5mg, 1.25mg or .6mg.
Don't worry about this.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, thanks for the info! If I may ask, how long have you been on finasteride and how effective has it been for you?

This guy seems to think that to get the full benefit, the daily dosage needs to be exactly the same: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hui0FHub4d4

That's the reason I brought it up here. However, everyone else I've talked to says that as long as you're getting the 5mg per week, it doesn't matter how evenly it's divided up.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I eat finasteride every other day and one week give me like 5mg in total.

My opinion I don't see different to eat this daily.

I in my second month so this to soon to see the effects.

You need stay in finasteride for like 1 year to see the benefit.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Just cut one pill at a time and use that and you will be OK even if the pieces aren't exactly the same size. You still get the full 5 mg that way over every 4 days.

MrDepressed

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks I was wondering the same thing. I asked my pharmacist and they said that as long as you don't take the very small dose everyday in longterm it will be alright. Whenever I end up cutting them not the same size I would take different size of pills each day after