Cutting Fincar?

UK-mate

Reaction score
How would you go about this, as it is a circular tablet, and it needs to be cut into fifths. Any ideas?
thanks

Z

Established Member
Reaction score
Its a sort of pentagon shape. Either get a pill-cutter of ebay for about £3 or simply use a sharp scalpel/craft knife with the pill inside a clear plastic bag to stop it pinging across the room.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
UK-mate said:
How would you go about this, as it is a circular tablet, and it needs to be cut into fifths. Any ideas?
thanks

Cooincidentally, I JUST received my first order of fincar - having made the switch from proscar.

Cutting proscar into 5ths was tough enough - but my experience w/ proscar may have helped.

Fincar is round.

Cut not quite 1/2 of the round pill - but a bit off center so you end up w/ approx 1/5th of the whole after you make the cut.

cut the remaining larger chunk into quarters. You won't end up w/ 5 exact 5ths - but at least you'll end up w/ 5 pieces.

I always gobble up the smallest piece first and wipe up any residue, crumbs, flakes, whatever w/ a wet finger. I save the largest piece for day 5.

voila.

misterium

Reaction score
^ That is exactly what I do with my Fincar.

It takes a bit of practice but it's not THAT hard..

You won't get exact size pieces, but I don't think it matters, as long as you finish a whole pill within a 5 day period.

I think that since the effective dose of finasteride ranges, that it won't make a huge difference going from less than 1mg (small piece) one day, to a little over 1mg (bigger piece) the next day.. the variation shouldn't matter imo.