Cutting back Propecia dose??

Deano74

Reaction score
Hi everybody,

ive been taking Propecia for 6 months now and have achieved some pretty impressive results. My hair seems to be improving all the time. My question is what is everyones opinion on cutting the dose back to say 0.5mg a day instead of 1mg daily?? Im worried if I do so I may lose some ground but the stuff isnt cheap and thought it may still work? Thanks for any advice. Cheers..

Deano74

Reaction score
Innermind said:
0.05 mg of finasteride was shown to inhibit DHT levels in skin and blood almost as much as 1 mg. Doses between 0.05 and 1 mg gave similar results. Im going to start back up on propecia and cut into thirds so as to save money. See here:
http://hair-restoration-info.com/eve/fo ... 6661087482
Thats great thanx heaps for the reply. I will try 0.5mg for a few months and see what happens. I have lost my sex drive marginally but dont experience any sexual problems ie: erection, ejaculation issues etc. My girlfriend says its nice to just hug these days instead of me trying to maul her :) Very happy with the hair regrowth so the sex drive issue doesnt bother me a great deal. Regards, Dean.

Deano74

Reaction score
hello said:
how would you even cut up a pill into a .05?
Hi Hello, unsure mate, cutting them into 0.5mg (half) was easier than I thought. A knife with a serated edge riggle a little and they cut clean 95% of the time. Cheers.