Cutting A Front Contour From A To Cc ? Is It Possible

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
Guys, i have managed to find the right colour, right base etc BUT the contour on the system is A and i use CC ..... in theory this should be doable right ? line the edge front hair line best you can to the template of the CC and just take a MM or so off the edge to round it off..... Is this doable or should i just wear the A contour!!!! HELP

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
So if the system is already cut to size, you can't really...

However if it isn't.. the best way is to put a CC contour tape on the base so it connects with the sides, and cut, carefully to to take off hair...

If the system is cut (base) and you have longish hair... you MAY be able to get away with rounding the hairline a bit, and moving the system forward a couple of mm... if it's super short, it won't work.

You also may be able to get a tiny bit of stretch out of the unit... also... to avoid a gap in back.

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
So if the system is already cut to size, you can't really...

However if it isn't.. the best way is to put a CC contour tape on the base so it connects with the sides, and cut, carefully to to take off hair...

If the system is cut (base) and you have longish hair... you MAY be able to get away with rounding the hairline a bit, and moving the system forward a couple of mm... if it's super short, it won't work.

You also may be able to get a tiny bit of stretch out of the unit... also... to avoid a gap in back.
Thanks for the reply , yeah the system is a 10x8 so uncut at all .. so i think if i line up my template to the edge of the front hair line, and then carefully trace around it , and cut into the front hairline it should in theory work , i will lost a couple of mm at the front but it should not alter the graduation at all really. i found a perfect system but they only have A contour .. so i am going to take a chance. :)

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply , yeah the system is a 10x8 so uncut at all .. so i think if i line up my template to the edge of the front hair line, and then carefully trace around it , and cut into the front hairline it should in theory work , i will lost a couple of mm at the front but it should not alter the graduation at all really. i found a perfect system but they only have A contour .. so i am going to take a chance. :)

You may have much better results if you attach a contour tape, and leave on one side of the paper... and use that. This is what I do... even with a template. It gives you MORE of an edge to cut around.