Custom hair system time frame of 6 months?

coys

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to go down the hair system route and finally with salons back open here in Northern Ireland I messaged a place and he got back to me. 3 months wait for stock unit and 6 months for custom. Is this time frame normal? Also is there big difference in stock or custom? Obviously the stock is going to be more tailored? There's not much options here I see this is the only place doing it, if anyone else knows of any salons worth going in my area could you pm me? Thanks

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
There should be to wait for "stock", it means he has no stock.

Custom systems, depending on the factory are taking as little as 7-8 weeks, and as much as 16-20 weeks.

"Stock" and "Custom" just as it sounds. Stock is off the shelf. Custom, made from scratch to your specs.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking to go down the hair system route and finally with salons back open here in Northern Ireland I messaged a place and he got back to me. 3 months wait for stock unit and 6 months for custom. Is this time frame normal? Also is there big difference in stock or custom? Obviously the stock is going to be more tailored? There's not much options here I see this is the only place doing it, if anyone else knows of any salons worth going in my area could you pm me? Thanks
Nope that time frame is terrible, find a different company.

MG Ford based in Bristol UK who also does online orders with remote cut ins.
Custom based units only.
8-10 weeks with rush delivery for £80 extra. Or 15 weeks(or longer during busy times) for standard delivery.

Normally 12-14 weeks is the standard time for a custom hair system to arrive.
And no longer than a week for a stock unit.
Covid and Brexit has delayed everything though,maybe by a few weeks extra wait time.

But 6 months for a custom or 3 months for a stock is laughable.
They sound like a bad company.

Last edited:

Milo Bloom

My Regimen
Reaction score
Some unscrupulous vendors (many in the UK per the posts to this board) are taking stock orders on spec (i.e. they don't have it in stock, take your money, then order it from their supplier with no guarantee of when or if it will arrive). Caveat emptor.