Current regiment not effective, what should i add?

ivanbih

Reaction score
Hi, i am currently 19 years old and have been seeing quite a receding hairline forming. My father is at VII on norwood and is definitely at the end of baldness, while i am at 2 or 3 i believe. I have been using Provillus 5% minoxidil for about 2 years once a day. What would you recommend as the 5% minoxidil once a day isn't enough? should i amp it up to twice a day and add another product? I am really worried about the procepia pills i read people using on these forums as the side effects seem to be pretty bad in the long run, and if i were to start a product i would have to use it forever if i want to keep hair.

Let me know, here are pictures that hair club took.

IMG_3033.jpg

IMG_3032.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
If you don't take finasteride it'll only get worse. Side effects are usually temporary and they only persist for a minority of people.

ivanbih

Reaction score
SuprisedGuy said:
If you don't take finasteride it'll only get worse. Side effects are usually temporary and they only persist for a minority of people.

What doctor prescribes these so that i can talk to him more about it? Dermatologist?

SuprisedGuy

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes as well as your regular doctor too I believe. If they refuse you can buy generic finasteride online, many of the forum users do that since it's way cheaper and have gotten great results (including myself).