Curly Hair System Care And Maintenance

The Rug Man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I have a new hair system which is on the curly wavy side and I want to know if anybody else has experience with this, or have some tips they could give and what is the best way to wash the hair and to style it after washing? Should I comb it when it is wet or dry? The hair is short btw, about 3 to 4 inches.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi,

My current system has a 30mm curl. The issue with curls is that the more you mess with them the more they tend to frizz or relax. The problem with a hair system is that if you don't comb the hair out frequently, you will get matting... and eventually wind up with dreds at the base (happened to me, not fun).

After you wash and dry the system (roll in a towel, and let air dry), carefully, go around the system with a comb, and comb out any mats. You might straighten the hair a bit, but once back on your head you can spray with a leave-in conditioner which is mostly water, anyway, and lightly fluff the curls to re-activate them.

I highly recommend purchasing a wig head to do this on! They come with a clamp and pins.

http://tinyurl.com/yxele87p

Steve