Curl And Grey When Ordering A System

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've looked around, and HairDirect has an in-depth article on both, but neither answering my question, nor have any of the forums I've searched.

What level of curl do people order? I'd say my hair isn't very curly, but then I read very little curl is no good for a brushed back style, which is what I want. Will the place I use be able to determine curl from the samples of my side and back hair? Same question for grey hairs too. I have mild greying on my sides, so am going for 5%, as I've seen a photo of 15% and it was way too much.

Also not certain about the crown. I read that sometimes whilst the hairline is bleached fine (I have black hair so would need bleached knots) sometimes other areas aren't, like the crown, so is a crown completely necessary? I really don't want to be having to bleach the system once I have it.

Last edited:

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Another question :D I want a side-parting, but I'm not 100% sure where the part will go, so where it roughly would be, is that okay? Or better to just ''freestyle''?

Edit: Would add, I would just ring and ask them, but they're in the US, so that's gonna be an expensive call.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Freestyle would be fine for partings, but can you not send them photos for a response like with my supplier?

The important thing is you cant really safely ask here or another supplier then tell your own as there is no universal scale for these things.

jc426

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. My heads kind of shaven at the moment, and I don't have any close up-type photo's for them. I'll bite the bullet and give them a call, see what they say.