Curis Hair

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So they plan to do the trials piecemeal, trying one thing first, and then the next if that doesn't work? That sucks, considering the fact that clinical trials take so damn long.

What do you think, is this the right approach? Perhaps the only option, since trials aren't cheap.

hedgehog_info

Reaction score
No this is typical for every clinical trial.

You have molecules A,B,C...ect all of them are slightly different. For example, cost to make, solubility, toxicity, and other profiles of each molecule.

They look these types of things over and select one that they think will work best based on certain criteria. which will be announced shortly

Then they probably do some final tox studies and get ready to submit an application to start clinical trials to the FDA, called an IND (investigational new drug) This will happen late 07.

This this help?

elguapo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that expains it. But I wish they had the money and the resources to investigate them all, every combination, through all stages of clinical trials, to see at the END which works best.

Only in a perfect world.

Thanks.

hedgehog_info

Reaction score
Yes that would be a perfect world. I myself work at a biotech company and can saw it costs a lot of money and resources to get a single drug into the first patient. Even then a lot of them fails before reaching the public.